Bills sign RB Taiwan Jones 1 YR

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

you need 90 players to bring to camp...they are all not going to be great players...

he may not even make the final roster

I think Beane's done a nice job of bringing a lot of competition to camp.  It used to be you pretty much knew the final 53 before preseason even started.  Now there's real competition.   

I wonder if anyone has the stats on this: how many guys we cut each year make other rosters?

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Well, I like Taiwan Jones better than Sinorise Perry.  That's something, I guess.

This was my thought as well and it's not likely he'll see much action @ RB anyway. 

12 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Agree.  I imagine they see Jones as someone who could contribute on offense if need be.  He was also a Special Teams Captain when he was in Buff.  I don't think he's a throwaway signing.

I don’t think it’s a throwaway or bad signing at all. But they need to use him as a player as well as special teams I guess should have been my statement earlier. Not as a strictly special teams guy. Unlike Perry Jones can take a couple carries or catches. I’m not asking for much lol 5-8 snaps a game. Just a different look for opposing defenses. It was maddening last season. 

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

And that’s good news. But we still need more than 2 running backs active who can take a carry. Jones is an upgrade over Perry cause he can play offensive snaps. Just saying they need to use more than singletary and another back. We learned this last year. Yeldon isn’t CMC but he should of been active to change things up 

If you think a special teamer is keeping a guy they believe can contribute on offense off the gameday roster then you should re-evaluate how you think. Yeldon wasn't being kept off by Perry or any other special teamer. He was being kept off by Yeldon. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

Cheap special team guy. Makes sense as they know him already. 

I hope our guys pull a Joe Biden on his ass and take him behind the gym ?☠️???

it’s hard to forget that catch he made last year ?

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you think a special teamer is keeping a guy they believe can contribute on offense off the gameday roster then you should re-evaluate how you think. Yeldon wasn't being kept off by Perry or any other special teamer. He was being kept off by Yeldon. 

I fully disagree with that. Perry was active for special teams as was foster while duke and Yeldon sat. To say neither could contribute on a sputtering offense I cannot agree with. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I fully disagree with that. Perry was active for special teams as was foster while duke and Yeldon sat. To say neither could contribute on a sputtering offense I cannot agree with. 

"Contribute more than"...sorry, thought that was obvious, but should have known better

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

what the hell is beane doing up this early?

He left order not to be disturbed over petty camp body signings.

His secretary made the move.  All signings under 50k in dead money for vet minimum is her terrain.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss him.   The guy has heart and has an edge about him.   Fearless and committed.   Good enough athlete.   A Chris Hogan type.   He's a guy McDermott can fall in love with.   He's like a wrestler.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1