Chargers moving forward with Tyrod for 2020

5 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

How SOON we forget...........

Image result for BUFFALO bills playoff reaction gif

I think all depends on what Lynn gets out of him. I could see him getting the Chargers to 10-6 or playing at the level where the Browns benched him in I think their first game.

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tyrod is as good as the Foles/Dalton/Mariota/Jameis/Trubisky level guys. It makes sense financially as well. They’ll draft a guy and play Tyrod until the guy is ready. No reason to pay 2 placeholder types.

Tyrod also comes cheaper than all those guys by a wide margin. Tyrod plus 10-15 million in cap space is a better deal than Foles or any of those other guys. I would rather have Tyrod plus spend some more money on the O-line and defense. But yeah LA is going to have to just go with a rookie long term. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, I don’t know if anyone is realizing how truly bad Rivers was at times last year. There are a lot of people that believe Tyrod would have led that team to a better record. He would have made less plays and less mistakes. That teams had some talent and Rivers was careless in 2019. They are no worse off short-term. The cap savings and addition of a rookie makes them even better. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1