Who's your 2nd round crush now that the Bills don't have a 1st round pick?

njbuff

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Swift RB.  Georgia.  

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

In the 2nd round?

I love Trautman hes my favorite TE this year. Athletic and great agility. 

But I think hes more 3rd round type than 2nd. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a team loves him and he goes in the 2nd. But it shouldn't be Buffalo. We have enough TE and we have Knox as our developmental guy

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

In the 2nd round?

We draft at 54.  I don’t expect to get an immediate full time starter there, outside of RB at least.  I think the TEs come off the board in the second round and if we want one that can contribute, he’s a good target.  I also hate our TE group outside of Knox.  We have bodies, but no one else of quality.  Smith is pretty much an OT.  This move would shove Kroft out the door no later than after this season, and I’d be a fan of that.  That would allow Trautman time to get up to speed and his ceiling is as high as any TE in this class.

We are not going to want to be in 11 personnel all of the time even if it’s our strength.  Another quality TE would make 12 and 22 a strength.  Plus we need insurance in case Knox goes down. 

Edited by BarleyNY

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

We draft at 54.  I don’t expect to get an immediate full time starter there, outside of RB at least.  I think the TEs come off the board in the second round and if we want one that can contribute, he’s a good target.  I also hate our TE group outside of Knox.  We have bodies, but no one else of quality.  Smith is pretty much an OT.  This move would shove Kroft out the door no later than after this season, and I’d be a fan of that.  That would allow Trautman time to get up to speed and his ceiling is as high as any TE in this class.

We are not going to want to be in 11 personnel all of the time even if it’s our strength.  Another quality TE would make 12 and 22 a strength.  Plus we need insurance in case Knox goes down. 

Good points all around.

I like Trautman too, but I don't think I would go for a TE in the 2nd round. I would look at DE, WR, CB or OT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Good points all around.

I like Trautman too, but I don't think I would go for a TE in the 2nd round. I would look at DE, WR, CB or OT.

Thanks.  I certainly would be happy with a quality prospect at any of those premium positions.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is probably my list too. I’ll add Bradlee Anae as well.

If you had a choice between Dobbins or LSU's Clyde Edwards-Helaire which one would you select? Clyde Edwards-Helaire is one of my favorite players in this draft. It's unlikely that the Bills will draft a back in the second round but I wouldn't be upset with either Dobbins or Clyde Edwards taken in the second round. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think your sleeping on Sweeney  I believe he is going to be a good TE.

• Like (+1) 4