AFC rankings

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Wow. The AFC looks much weaker.

Here's my ranking:

1) Kansas City

2) Baltimore

3) Pittsburg (with Big Ben back)

4) Houston (They beat us in the playoffs. No way to say we are better than them yet)

5) Buffalo

6) Tennessee

7) Indianapolis

? New Jersey

9) Las Vegas

10) New England

11) Denver

12) Cleveland

13) LA Chargers

14) Miami

15) Jacksonville

16) Cincinnati

Hou???

So if that's the logic, shouldn't Tenn be ahead of BAL?

Tier 1 (will make the playoffs): 

Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2 (should make the playoffs): 

Titans, Bills

Tier 3 (will compete for playoffs): 

Texans, Steelers, Colts, Pats

Tier 4 (could be competitive in playoff hunt):

Raiders, Browns, Jets, Chargers, Broncos

Tier 5 (won't compete for playoffs): 

Dolphins, Bengals, Jacksonville

criticize away!

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Yes Houston beat us in the playoffs but they just lost a top 3 WR. 

And we'll see how that affects them.

33 minutes ago, Magox said:

Sure there is.

First off we should have beaten them at their home. 

Secondly they lost their best player on the team, arguably a top 3 Receiver in the league.

Thirdly, we gained a top 10 WR.  

Put that all together and you can logically make the case that the Bills are the better team.

I have to see strides with the offense and Josh Allen before I can get behind that. Houston won a playoff game, the Bills did not. When we start winning playoff games I'll view is as a top 3 or 4 AFC team.

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hou???

So if that's the logic, shouldn't Tenn be ahead of BAL?

Nope. Tennessee is an average team that overachieved last year and will regress back to an average team.

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

And we'll see how that affects them.

I have to see strides with the offense and Josh Allen before I can get behind that. Houston won a playoff game, the Bills did not. When we start winning playoff games I'll view is as a top 3 or 4 AFC team.

Nope. Tennessee is an average team that overachieved last year and will regress back to an average team.

Oh , okay.. I believe you..

?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Here's my ranking:

1) Kansas City

2) Baltimore

4) Houston (They beat us in the playoffs. No way to say we are better than them yet)

5) Buffalo

6) Tennessee

7) Indianapolis

? New Jersey

9) Las Vegas

10) New England

11) Denver

12) Cleveland

13) LA Chargers

14) Miami

15) Jacksonville

16) Cincinnati

What do we have to do to get higher than #5? This is supposed to be the year.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What do we have to do to get higher than #5? This is supposed to be the year.

A playoff win.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I thi k theres a decent sized gap between the Chiefs and everyone else. 

Next I'd have Baltimore at 2 - then Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cleveland & Tennessee together, until I see different on the field.

Why Cleveland?

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I would move the Jets way up...They had a 4-game win streak at the end including 7 of the last 9....people don't give credit for the Jets

I agree. They are an 8-8 to 9-7 team, I think. At least middle of the pack.

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

I would move the Jets way up...They had a 4-game win streak at the end including 7 of the last 9....people don't give credit for the Jets

Not true, they also won a dog ***** game over the Bills in week 17, got blown out by the good teams they played, lost 22-6 to Bengals and beat a couple dumpster fire teams as bad as them. So yeah put them right between the Chiefs and Ravens.smdh

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

A playoff win.

Why Cleveland?

I think that we are ahead of Houston now. We lost in Overtime at their place to them in the playoffs-indicates that we were on a similar level last year, with a slight edge to Houston. But that was last year.

I would argue that over this off-season, the Bills got better this off-season so far, while the Texans got worse. The Bill's offense retained all 11 starters, and upgraded 1Wr, 2Wr, and 3Wr. (Diggs pushes John Brown and Beasley to 2 and 3.) On defense, the bills kept the safety's the same, CB1 and CB 2a the same, while getting a potential new 2b (could be upgrade or downgrade) kept 2 Lbs the same, and I believe had a lateral move for their third. I think we gained 3 solid Dline pieces, and lost 2. I think that's an overall positive. We also added quality special teams coverage pieces.

I will confess that I do not know the Texans well enough to disect their off-season to this point thoroughly, but I do believe losing Hopkins will have severe negative implications for their roster. Look at the difference in their offense with and without Will Fuller. That was a 2 Wr. Now they lost their top 3 in the NFL 1 Wr. With Will Fuller's injury history, I think their offense will take a hit. 

I realize we will have to wait for the season to play out, but I do believe we have surpassed the Texans to this point in the off-season. 

Also, if we need a playoff win to be better than #5 in the AFC, how did the Ravens get to #2 ? 

8 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I think that we are ahead of Houston now. We lost in Overtime at their place to them in the playoffs-indicates that we were on a similar level last year, with a slight edge to Houston. But that was last year.

I would argue that over this off-season, the Bills got better this off-season so far, while the Texans got worse. The Bill's offense retained all 11 starters, and upgraded 1Wr, 2Wr, and 3Wr. (Diggs pushes John Brown and Beasley to 2 and 3.) On defense, the bills kept the safety's the same, CB1 and CB 2a the same, while getting a potential new 2b (could be upgrade or downgrade) kept 2 Lbs the same, and I believe had a lateral move for their third. I think we gained 3 solid Dline pieces, and lost 2. I think that's an overall positive. We also added quality special teams coverage pieces.

I will confess that I do not know the Texans well enough to disect their off-season to this point thoroughly, but I do believe losing Hopkins will have severe negative implications for their roster. Look at the difference in their offense with and without Will Fuller. That was a 2 Wr. Now they lost their top 3 in the NFL 1 Wr. With Will Fuller's injury history, I think their offense will take a hit. 

I realize we will have to wait for the season to play out, but I do believe we have surpassed the Texans to this point in the off-season. 

Also, if we need a playoff win to be better than #5 in the AFC, how did the Ravens get to #2 ? 

The Ravens had an amazing regular season and showed they have an explosive offense and a top defense as well. Getting a bye week is almost like winning a playoff game.

I don't think every team needs a playoff win to be top 3 or 4, but I do believe the Bills do because of our recent history of losing and the fact we haven't won the division or won a playoff game in forever.

But I don't want people to think I'm down on our team. I believe we'll win 10+ games again this season, make the playoffs, win the division, and win a playoff game. I just want to see them do it first.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Here's my ranking:

1) Kansas City

2) Baltimore

5) Buffalo

6) Tennessee

7) Indianapolis

? New Jersey

9) Las Vegas

10) New England

11) Denver

12) Cleveland

13) LA Chargers

14) Miami

15) Jacksonville

16) Cincinnati

Vegas has us the 4th best odds of winning the AFC. I'd rank it:

1. KC

2. Baltimore 

3. Pittsburgh 

4. Buffalo 

5 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Pats still have their top 3 defense mostly intact. Miami still has a ton of holes and the two offensive lineman they picked up are a guy who got run out of New York and then had half a solid season in Washington and a meh center from New England (whose weakest point has often been the o-line) and will be playing with Fitz and/or a rookie QB. I don't see it. Some of their moves have been good (love the Jones signing) and they have a ton of draft capital, but it's harder to get from 5 to 10 wins than from 0 to 5. 

What ? Pats have lost 3 D starters to Free Agency....DL Shelton  LB Van Noy  LB Collins. Those guys meant much more to that team than the 2 rotational guys we lost. Especially Van Noy

6 hours ago, MJS said:

5) Buffalo

But...on that same token, we beat Pittsburgh last year, so how can you rank them better than us??

Edited by The Fiend