Tanking for Trevor whos your pick

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Patriots. Though, they might be too good to get that #1 overall. They are lining up to get a million comp picks again Next year and they could in theory trade some guys for picks like Edelman etc. They would have ammunition to move up. I think this is Belichick’s grand master plan. 

No team would trade away the right to draft Lawrence.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see Watson lasting there especially what’s going on with Bill o Brien and that whole front office. Texans players have told free agents not to come to Houston

I can see Zac Taylor stint in Cincinnati  ending up like Shula’s son did

They’re already giving up on Haskins lol?

I don’t see watson lasting there either, but I think BOB is gone first.  Watson is too good for the Texans to get the first pick. Unless he gets hurt and misses significant time. 

Haskins could be the main reason the skins have the #1 pick next year.  

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I can see Gruden getting pissed enough at Carr by week 3 that he plays Peterman the rest of the year knowing that the pick will be secured (not only multiple times by the defense, but in the draft as well). 

Mariota is the backup now instead of Peterman

• Like (+1) 1

Well, let's take a look at the teams who will (possibly) be needing a QB next year.  It's actually a pretty lengthy list.

I'm assuming right off the bat that Cincinnati drafts Joe Burrow, and that most of the teams with young (2nd/3rd Year) prospects don't give up their guys prematurely.

Detroit takes a big dead-cap hit if they move on from Matthew Stafford in 2021.  I think he will be with them a few more seasons.

New Orleans new contract with Drew Brees is for two seasons, with a big dead-cap next year.  I think he goes two more and then retires.

Chicago:  It's possible that the Bears have already given up on Mitch Trubisky, but I think next year will be the time they officially move on.

Denver:  The Broncos appear to be rolling with Drew Lock this year.  But with him being a 2nd Round selection, he might get a short leash.

Indianapolis and Tampa Bay:  They signed Phillip Rivers/Tom Brady, but only on a one-year deals.  Both could be QB shopping again next year.

Jacksonville:  The Jags already appear to regret the Nick Foles signing, and I don't expect Gardner Minshew to be a long-term solution.

Los Angeles, Miami and New England:  The Chargers, Dolphins and Patriots all need QBs right now.  Will they get one this year, or wait until 2021?

Las Vegas:  The Raiders could move-on from Derek Carr at pretty much anytime, and have already been hinting at it.

Pittsburgh:  I'm honestly surprised Big Ben isn't calling it quits already.  Could he retire next year if the comeback doesn't go well?

Washington:  With the regime change, Dwayne Haskins might be the only 1st Rounder in danger of getting less than 3-4 seasons.

Out of this group, I think Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, Tampa Bay, New England, Las Vegas and Pittsburgh will be in playoff talks - or at least good enough to be outside discussion for the #1 Overall Pick.

By process of elimination, that leaves Jacksonville, the LA Chargers, Miami and Washington as the most likely teams to finish with a bad enough record to get the top pick.  But all of these teams have Top 10 picks in April, so it's very likely that Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert take this list down to two.  

Edited by mjt328
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

I know this is early, but whos your pick for the Trevor Lawrence lottery. My pick right now is the chargers. 

Chicago...they will go with Mitch for one more year and lose a lot of games and be in contention for the Trevor sweepstakes

6 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

I know this is early, but whos your pick for the Trevor Lawrence lottery. My pick right now is the chargers. 

That's funny, I was just thinking about this today.

Teams that I think are actively trying to get Trevor:  Carolina, Jacksonville, Chargers, New England (I think they will have a terrible year)

Teams that SHOULD go after Trevor: Miami (if they lose out on a QB), Chicago, LasVegas, Indy, New Orleans, Washington.

Teams that MAYBE should go after Trevor: Pittsburgh, Denver, Detroit.