Clowney considering options including a "prove it" short term deal

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The name and fame game 😂😂 Almost as funny as reading stats and not watching games. 

One more time, production versus pay. 
Clowneys impact is not that much higher than Murphy recently despite being the more complete player , I can’t recall where I said he’s not good or tried to debate that. Any free agent is a great addition, until they get here, are injured again, and don’t make enough of an impact to warrant their salary. Then it’s whipping boy time. If you don’t want to debate or discuss, then why quote someone? Make your post and move on.  

Who would you rather have, Clowney or Murphy?  K thanks. 

Well if he did sign with the Saints, I’m very happy. Not because I’m a Saints fan, but because I just want Clowney to go away from the never ending posts on him.  If you like him, great.  If you don’t think he’s worth $10 mil., fine.  $10 mil. is around what some of the cap guys thought he might get.  He was never worth even close to what he was trying to get before.

These two Saints / Bucs are going to be fun to watch.  The first is the season opener at 4:15 pm in NO, and the second Is the Sunday night game on Nov. 8th In Tampa.  They should both be on national tv in most areas, and our game is at 1 pm for both games.  The second game we have the Seahawks so an action packed day.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Either the Bills didn't want him or he didn't want the Bills.  Next.

This.  And that has been clear for 18 months...but we got a 23 page thread to go with many other long threads none the less.

Bills could have made him an offer...they chose his teammate instead, Addison and drafted AJE.  There was no chance at all we were signing Clowney, some just refused to accept that.  

I am so glad this is over, sick of hearing about a guy who was never close to coming here at any point.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

No question Clowney,  Murphy is a joke and would be out of league if released by Bills

I am guessing someone signs Murphy if buffalo releases him we just have so much depth on the dl and his contract number is to high at this point. The money we gain by cutting him will obviously as already stated come in very handy next year to sign guys.

• 2 months later...

The Bills have overspent on an under performing d-line already. Rather than throwing more DEs and 3-tech DTs at the problem the Bills FO just needs to focus on filling their 1-tech void up front where they are rotating 3 players that barely make the grade.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, Doc said:

Either the Bills didn't want him or he didn't want the Bills.  Next.

This ^^^

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Clooney made a couple plays and is solid but he has not lived up to his pre draft billing and I have not seen him be a factor and take over a game ever like an elite DE

I think the knee injuries have been his downfall going back to the micro fracture surgery.