Clowney considering options including a "prove it" short term deal

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed.  Can’t believe we are still talking about Clowney for two full off seasons because some unsubstantiated twitter rumors 18 months ago.  

If he was coming to Buffalo, he would already be here and we wouldn’t have signed two good DE’s and drafted a stud prospect.  

People need to move on.  Clowney ain’t coming to Buffalo this year and Tupac ain’t making a resurrection.  

Don’t you mean Onepac...

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed.  Can’t believe we are still talking about Clowney for two full off seasons because some unsubstantiated twitter rumors 18 months ago.  

If he was coming to Buffalo, he would already be here and we wouldn’t have signed two good DE’s and drafted a stud prospect.  

People need to move on.  Clowney ain’t coming to Buffalo this year and Tupac ain’t making a resurrection.  

Agree on Clowney, completely disagree on Tupac.  He has a new album coming out and will win an Oscar in the next 2 years guaranteed.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hate to be the first but.... the Bills couldn’t have done this?

Releasing Murphy and taking on the 1 year of Clowney for $2M more feels easy to me but 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ve been advocating that the entire offseason and it doesn’t sound like an option. Clowney at $10M is a bargain (especially when you can basically offset the cap space with Murphy being cut). 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea don’t get it. Maybe they don’t want to rock the locker room with a move like that, but man. Clowney would complete the defense. He’s 100 times the player Murphy is....and I’m guessing this is Murphy’s last year anyway. 

You would think that a locker room anchored by such locker room rocks/legends as DiMarco and Lee would be able to handle a Clowney presence for a year or so.

Is the process not THAT strong?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hate to be the first but.... the Bills couldn’t have done this?

They could have done it.  They obviously are not enamored enough with Clowney to make the investment.

But for those who worry about the salary cap, the Saints are an example that teams can sign whomever

they want to.  The cap is amorphous.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would think that a locker room anchored by such locker room rocks/legends as DiMarco and Lee would be able to handle a Clowney presence for a year or so.

Each year the locker room gets a little weaker imo. The kids are growing up but losing Kyle was big.  Losing Zo May have been even bigger

Just now, NewEra said:

Each year the locker room gets a little weaker imo. The kids are growing up but losing Kyle was big.  Losing Zo May have been even bigger

No way. We have read right here that those 2 guys in particular are not being paid to play football (I mean, obviously), but to be "locker room leaders", for which they have been deemed invaluable.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow what an unpredictably negative post.  You normally have such a positive vibe about the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

Misery loves company on here 😂😂 

36 tackles-9 qb hits-9 TFL- 5 sacks- 3 pass deflections- 2 ff - 2 fumble recoveries 16 games. 

1 int -  31 tackles - 13 qb hits- 7 TFL - 3 sacks- 4ff- 2 fumble recoveries.  13 games. 

Snatched this off Facebook, which one is Murphy and which is clowney? But clowney deserves 10 million or more and Murphy is an overpaid bum who needs cut ASAP.  Obviously more to it than stats and they’re not the same player, but production is production, best ability is availability 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Misery loves company on here 😂😂 

36 tackles-9 qb hits-9 TFL- 5 sacks- 3 pass deflections- 2 ff - 2 fumble recoveries 16 games. 

1 int -  31 tackles - 13 qb hits- 7 TFL - 3 sacks- 4ff- 2 fumble recoveries.  13 games. 

Snatched this off Facebook, which one is Murphy and which is clowney? But clowney deserves 10 million or more and Murphy is an overpaid bum who needs cut ASAP.  Obviously more to it than stats and they’re not the same player, but production is production, best ability is availability 

Clowney shows up a lot more than Murphy when you actually watch the game.....instead of the box score.  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Clowney shows up a lot more than Murphy when you actually watch the game.....instead of the box score.  

All 3 games he is healthy enough to make a difference. Rest of the year he’s hobbling through with lingering injuries. I’m certainly not claiming Murphy is the same caliber player, simply that almost all the fans on here clamoring to sign clowney would flip out when his production is nowhere near his salary similar to Murphy. 
I did not watch him in Seattle outside the playoffs but he was invisible in Houston. I surely watched a lot of those games. He wasn’t even the 2nd best player on that defense most of the time and that includes his one real good season there 

Edited by Rc2catch

53 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

All 3 games he is healthy enough to make a difference. Rest of the year he’s hobbling through with lingering injuries. I’m certainly not claiming Murphy is the same caliber player, simply that almost all the fans on here clamoring to sign clowney would flip out when his production is nowhere near his salary similar to Murphy. 
I did not watch him in Seattle outside the playoffs but he was invisible in Houston. I surely watched a lot of those games. He wasn’t even the 2nd best player on that defense most of the time and that includes his one real good season there 

He was voted 41st best player by his peers. 

Not here to debate whether or not he’s good. He is. Stats aren’t everything.  He’d be a great addition to this team and would improve our pass rush and run D

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He was voted 41st best player by his peers. 

Not here to debate whether or not he’s good. He is. Stats aren’t everything.  He’d be a great addition to this team and would improve our pass rush and run D

The name and fame game 😂😂 Almost as funny as reading stats and not watching games. 

One more time, production versus pay. 
Clowneys impact is not that much higher than Murphy recently despite being the more complete player , I can’t recall where I said he’s not good or tried to debate that. Any free agent is a great addition, until they get here, are injured again, and don’t make enough of an impact to warrant their salary. Then it’s whipping boy time. If you don’t want to debate or discuss, then why quote someone? Make your post and move on.  

7 hours ago, 716er said:

Glad we play the Saints next year. They are loading up for (I think) Drew's last year. 

Amen.  Saints are loaded, and that D-line with Jordan, Rankins, Davenport, and now Clowney, man they're gonna make life hell on opposing QBs and RBs...i think Clowney will be motivated to perform just surrounded by the talent alone.  He won't be "the guy" anymore.  

Edited by smuvtalker