Clowney considering options including a "prove it" short term deal

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I thought he was for a whole year.

No.  He's eligible week 1.  Fowler from ESPN reported that Cleveland is interested in him though as they have the most cap space in the league at this point.  If they sign Clowney they'll cut Vernon.  Releasing Vernon saves them a little more than 15 million dollars without any dead cap money.  I think he either goes to the Browns, Seahawks, or Jets in that order.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I thought he was for a whole year.

Sadly nope. He was reinstated back in February. I honestly think the pos should be banned at least a year. It's going to be interesting the next time he plays against Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  He's eligible week 1.  Fowler from ESPN reported that Cleveland is interested in him though as they have the most cap space in the league at this point.  If they sign Clowney they'll cut Vernon.  Releasing Vernon saves them a little more than 15 million dollars without any dead cap money.  I think he either goes to the Browns, Seahawks, or Jets in that order.

Where the hell have I been?

12 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

Clowney isn't that good anyway.

Can you quantify that please...12 sacks but 122 QB pressures.  Not good?  He is an athletic freak.  I don't see us spending the $$ he is asking, but with what we are building, maybe he softens his ask?

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be a little surprised if a team made a move on Clowney now right before the draft unless he re-signs in Seattle.

If a team that needs a pass rusher badly doesn't get the draftee they want, they will swoop in and make their bid for Clowney.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I'd be a little surprised if a team made a move on Clowney now right before the draft unless he re-signs in Seattle.

If a team that needs a pass rusher badly doesn't get the draftee they want, they will swoop in and make their bid for Clowney.

I don’t understand why.  This draft is pretty weak in the edge rush department.  I get why people didn’t want to pay him 20 mills a year, but 17 isn’t THAT bad considering it can be a one year deal that won’t affect the future.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t understand why.  This draft is pretty weak in the edge rush department.  I get why people didn’t want to pay him 20 mills a year, but 17 isn’t THAT bad considering it can be a one year deal that won’t affect the future.  

I’ll let the market set itself there. In my mind he’s just a rich man’s Shaq. Time will tell. Certainly not what Clowney expected. He got so hyped in college he lost sight of reality. I’m in for a fair deal. 

Good is all about context.  Hughes has a few good years left.  I would give Clowney a 2 or 3 year deal around 18 mil per year in a sec.  He frees up Oliver and Hughes who were already productive.  He may not be Watt or Miller but I know he could be legion of boom Micheal Bennet.  I would like to see Buffalo make a move that puts the defense into unquestioned tops in the league.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ll let the market set itself there. In my mind he’s just a rich man’s Shaq. Time will tell. Certainly not what Clowney expected. He got so hyped in college he lost sight of reality. I’m in for a fair deal. 

The fact that Shaq Lawson got signed before him is hilarious. He completely way overvalued himself and now he’s paying the price for that. Take what is offered to you and don’t B word or complain

13 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Don’t like this guys attitude and even on a 1 year deal I’m hesitant 

I think he’s gonna have to humble himself by taking  a 1-2 year vet minimum deal, he thought he was hot ***** and overvalued himself only for it to fall back on his face. Miami reportedly offered him 16 to 20,000,000,000 a year he wanted 25 to 30 a year, Miami told him good luck lol. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think he’s gonna have to humble himself by taking  a 1-2 year vet minimum deal, he thought he was hot ***** and overvalued himself only for it to fall back on his face. Miami reportedly offered him 16 to 20,000,000,000 a year he wanted 25 to 30 a year, Miami told him good luck lol. 

Vet minimum? No way. He will take a below his market value deal.... but he wouldn't play for vet minimum.