Pats are gonna tank and bottom out

I think it would do a lot of damage to belichick’s whole “patriot way” if they tanked. 

If belichick keeps wanting to be a hard ass who rules with an iron fist and doesn’t tolerate mistakes by any player, how can they possibly tank and keep that culture in place? 

Losing brady, who always took the heavy criticism and led by example, was already a blow to that method. If they start losing, nobody’s going to put up with it. 

Bills fans need to stop stop worrying about the pats tanking for a #1 OA pick/QB. Pats have always been successful without a top pick at QB. 

Edited by BillsFan4

If they get Trevor, I hope he goes all Leaf on them....

Everyone says "BB will never tank" - and he certainly doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would.

But more than anyone, he is an ardent student of the game.  He knows what happens to teams (like the Bills) who just cling to being barely competitive for years, end up 7-9 or thereabouts, and pick around 10 or 11 instead of 1 or 2.

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

BB won’t tank.  He will be more motivated than ever.  

Exactly.   Tanking would be an admission that he did nothing but ride Brady's coattails, which of course would be nonsense.

A year ago his defense held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl while his QB did nothing.  Teams that can do that don't tank.

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't tell you who told me this but the Pats are currently in negotiations with the Bengals for the #1 overall pick....almost a done deal.

3 first rounders, a second this year and next years 3rd.  

Belicheck loves Burrow.....

Lol I read the Dolphins are confirmed to make a blockbuster trade with Cincinnati 

20 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

BB won’t tank.  He will be more motivated than ever.  

He won’t tank but he will struggle, he went 5-11 back to back with Bledsoe as the starter. Also he didn’t do crap with either Testaverde or Kosar

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

I hope not, i’m okay to see Trevor Lawrence anywhere but not in New England. ?

To be more serious, I can’t see BB going in a rebuild mode, the end of his coaching career is approaching imo and he’ll want to stay competitive.

Edited by Smitty75

5 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

I hope not, i’m okay to see Trevor Lawrence anywhere but not in New England. ?

To be more serious, I can’t see BB going in a rebuild mode, the end of his coaching career is approaching imo and he’ll want to stay competitive.

I bet money he pulls a Dave Wannstead and leaves the team if they start losing bad enough. I’m sure there’s some riff between him and Kraft over the Brady/Garoppolo situation as of now. 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Fair enough. I guess the "greater than" symbol doesn't have a past tense signifier.

no that doesn't but if you had actually read the quote that I replied to, it was in regards to them beating us last year...

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Bills D>>>Pats offense

still scored more points than us...

11 hours ago, Doc said:

So he shows that by going 0-17 or 1-16 so he can get a (supposed) generational talent at QB?  That would be the opposite of showing people that he can do it with any QB.

It's about the Dynasty and sustained success of 20 years or whatever it was; who was more responsible him or Brady. It's not about 1 superbowl - it's the entire time period. He wants to build another one before he leaves; that the sustained success is him and him alone.

12 hours ago, pop gun said:

Doubt it, don't ever underestimate the hoodie. 

He will be 68 next month and really don't think he is interested in a rebuild.

Joe Paterno was still coaching successfully at 85. 68 is young.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Fiend said:

Joe Paterno was still coaching successfully at 85. 68 is young.

LOL that’s college, plus that name doesn’t mean ***** to me after that whole penn state crap that happened on his watch. 68 is not young at all. Highly doubt he sticks around now that Brady is gone, the last coach that Way overstayed was Shula and Miami forced him into retirement. If New Englands not winning I expect the same to happen to Belichick

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

LOL that’s college, plus that name doesn’t mean ***** to me after that whole penn state crap that happened on his watch. 68 is not young at all. Highly doubt he sticks around now that Brady is gone, the last coach that Way overstayed was Shula and Miami forced him into retirement. If New Englands not winning I expect the same to happen to Belichick

Not old at all, or at least not ineffective. And Tom Coughlin was 65 when he won the SB vs. the Patriots. BB is the best coach in the NFL right now.

And Shula was only 65 when he retired. He won the AFC East in 1994, the season before he retired. He also made the playoffs in 1990, 1992, and 1993.

Edited by The Fiend

21 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Patsies D> Bills offense

I think if Buffalo adds another game breaker at RB, we can overtake the Patriots defense. Their secondary is very good but Singletary and say Taylor or Dobbins could wear down that Patriots defense and I think Beasley and Brown could make a few big splash plays. I think Buffalo destroys New England twice this year. I think we sweep the entire division two times a piece.

8 hours ago, The Fiend said:

Not old at all, or at least not ineffective. And Tom Coughlin was 65 when he won the SB vs. the Patriots. BB is the best coach in the NFL right now.

And Shula was only 65 when he retired. He won the AFC East in 1994, the season before he retired. He also made the playoffs in 1990, 1992, and 1993.

It's a demanding job - i think he'll retire in a few years and move to front office permanently.  He'll get President of Football Operations or something so he can still work football.  Still watch a lot of football film, etc.  Just less of the day to day coaching and gameplanning.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't tell you who told me this but the Pats are currently in negotiations with the Bengals for the #1 overall pick....almost a done deal.

3 first rounders, a second this year and next years 3rd.  

Belicheck loves Burrow.....

You can tell me...I'm a Doctor

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

They have signed no one and I am not expecting them to do much.

Bellicheck is setting himself up to prove he is the genius for the run on not TB. All of this makes sense of course, but I am hoping that the absence of TB drives FAs away from them and they will need to build through the draft, which they haven't been awesome at...

They only have $13 million in cap space so unless they start restructuring deals and kicking the can down the road  and/or cutting people there isn't much they can do.

Edited by matter2003