Bill O’Brien/Deandre Hopkins story - FAs reportedly being warned by former Texans to stay away

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't think Crennell was a bad guy nor coach and I do believe Flores is going to be successful, but most of them just rode TB12 and BB's coattails to success/riches. 

Crennell is a good coach, nothing about him strikes me as a leader that will bring a team to victory, great DC - HC always left me wtnting more. Flores has potential (I actually was worried they would hire Kris Richards, who I think will be excellent) and he got a ton out of a crap situation in Miami last year, He may indeed be the only real deal out of the bunch. Patricia sucks and I think McDaniels will end up sucking again

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, boco357 said:

It's still depressing we lost to them in the playoffs.

The big reason i did not go the Texans game was i was 100% sure McD woukld outcoach BOB, still stunned we lost to that guy.

Who else can see the dude getting fired today and the trade not consummated?

I wonder if he said the same thing to Tom Brady and his multiple baby mamas. ?

I used to think he got a bad rap as a coach because he does get to the playoffs every year.  But Houston letting him be their GM just destroyed a team that had a really good foundation.  But it’s good for us.  Also, they should be the oilers.  Texans is a stupid name.

13 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Should make us all especially grateful for the front office we do have. Bob McNair should be thoroughly embarrassed right now - first the Hopkins trade, now this ......

McNair embarrasses himself enough on his own though. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Crennell is a good coach, nothing about him strikes me as a leader that will bring a team to victory, great DC - HC always left me wtnting more. Flores has potential (I actually was worried they would hire Kris Richards, who I think will be excellent) and he got a ton out of a crap situation in Miami last year, He may indeed be the only real deal out of the bunch. Patricia sucks and I think McDaniels will end up sucking again

Agreed 100%.   I can’t believe the Lions are keeping Patricia.  Dude sucks, makes me depressed looking at him, and looks like he doesn’t shower. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed 100%.   I can’t believe the Lions are keeping Patricia.  Dude sucks, makes me depressed looking at him, and looks like he doesn’t shower. 

Caldwell did more with that team and I see no clear direction in what they are even trying to build or how they are going about it. Poor lions fans might have it the worst of everyone...

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s gross. But then Belichick always looks dirty and a mess too and he’s trying to be him I guess

• Like (+1) 1

This guy should be run out of the league, In fact he should never have a coaching job again. That's totally outrageous!

Every day that passes and he is still employed says more about ownership than him at this point. This guy can't sink any lower, but ownership has a chance to set the record straight.

Edited by babulator

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am wondering where he is getting the Aaron Hernandez comparison. Not to defend O’Brien— who sounds like the absolute worst— but Hopkins always struck me as a real stand-up guy off the field; is that not true? 

Maybe he thinks he’s gay?