Bill O’Brien/Deandre Hopkins story - FAs reportedly being warned by former Texans to stay away

Could this be some kind of residual leftover from when Bob McNair stated that the league can’t have the inmates run the prison? DHop was one of the Texans that was most angered by that comment, maybe his fate was already decided way back then. I’m just surprised that Hopkins didn’t end up in New England, especially that the Patriots were reported to be in on Stephon Diggs. Even if the Bills were interested in Hopkins maybe the small mindedness of O’Brien excluded us from consideration because of the power struggle with Brian Gaines. Who knows though but I wouldn’t put nothing pass that idiot O’Brien or that “organization”.

3 hours ago, babulator said:

Im not surprised, but also was not aware. This is a huge problem and needs to be squashed.

Yeah it does. It's all in the language too, "baby mamas" all that underhanded sneaky bs. It's just really unfortunate. I don't see how the team could really want to play for an organization like that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Sounds to me like BOB just asked Hopkins to keep his baby mamas from stopping by at work. Keep your personal and professional lifes seperate and Michael Irvin twisted the words.

THIS!!!!

Michael Irvin seems to be the culprit here.  I mean look, BOB is an idiot, no denying that.  But if you read what he said, he did NOT compare Hopkins to a murderer.  He said the last time he had to have a talk with someone about being a locker room distraction was AH, and that talk obviously before AH was a convicted murderer.   Irivn for his own narcissistic reasons seems to have really sensationalized it as if he literally compared him to AH.  

Its just a bit of a stupid story at this point.  Dont get me wrong, LOTS to criticize about BOB...but this particular story is even been down played by Hopkins and I am sure he is not happy with Irvin for stirring this all up.  

Sensationalism at its finest.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

THIS!!!!

Michael Irvin seems to be the culprit here.  I mean look, BOB is an idiot, no denying that.  But if you read what he said, he did NOT compare Hopkins to a murderer.  He said the last time he had to have a talk with someone about being a locker room distraction was AH, and that talk obviously before AH was a convicted murderer.   Irivn for his own narcissistic reasons seems to have really sensationalized it as if he literally compared him to AH.  

Its just a bit of a stupid story at this point.  Dont get me wrong, LOTS to criticize about BOB...but this particular story is even been down played by Hopkins and I am sure he is not happy with Irvin for stirring this all up.  

Sensationalism at its finest.

Exactly. Michael “Blow and Hookers “ Irvin stirring the pot to help his brand. A lot of the crusade in this thread against O’Brien sounds like a barrel of sour grapes. 

So Michael Thomas seems to love making everything about race, which of course is a real treat.

That being said, I'm curious to see how the team leaders in Houston respond to this. Only the ones of color tho, who gives a ***** what Watt thinks on the subject.

17 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Did BOB infer he was a repressed homosexual or a homicidal maniac by that comparison?

I dont think it was a comparison too him just that Hernandez needed a meeting and now he (Hopkins) needed a meeting but for different reasons. He should have gotten rid of him sooner if he thought he was a bad influence like we did with our "stars"  when McBeane took over.

17 hours ago, H2o said:

Typical arrogant POS Bill O'Brien bubbling up again. Houston better give this guy a pink slip before he COMPLETELY destroys that organization. He's getting close to it now. The one guy left I could see wanting no parts of that place would be Watson and if it comes to that they will be bottom feeders like the Browns/Lions were for a long time. 

IF  they keep O'Brien around they should tear the whole thing down and start over. 

I honestly think its too late for that

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

17 hours ago, aristocrat said:

this is about as bad a job you could do. is obrien on drugs? seriously? drinker? 

how long until watt gets moved now?

Right on up to Buffalo !!

17 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Caldwell did more with that team and I see no clear direction in what they are even trying to build or how they are going about it. Poor lions fans might have it the worst of everyone...

if a team is perennially terrible its the owner.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am wondering where he is getting the Aaron Hernandez comparison. Not to defend O’Brien— who sounds like the absolute worst— but Hopkins always struck me as a real stand-up guy off the field; is that not true? 

he's not comparing them, just they both needed meetings, obviously for different reasons. Im not defending O'Brien just that people are confusing this point.