It’s clear.....Super Bowl championship or bust

Beast

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Power ranking the AFC IMO:

1 - KC:  Champs are champs until knocked off

2 - Balt:  I actually think Lamar and Balt is going to take a minor step back.  I feel like Buffalo actually put the blueprint out there to defend their offense and after that they were more vulnerable.  They are still a very talented roster, but I also think they will not be as dominant and we are right on their tail.

3 - Buffalo:  I may get some homer flack here for this, but I truly see us as the 3rd team right now.  My putting them at 3 is a combo of how much I think our roster is already improved plus my confidence in Josh Allen’s continued growth.  He’s made big steps in short periods of time consistently since playing his last Wyoming game. He blew people away at combine, he surprised in camp, he made a big leap after coming back from injury, he made big leaps in year 2, and even his deep ball was a lot better down the stretch of the season compared to first 2/3’s if the season.  He just keeps taking sizable steps forward in short windows since getting pro level coaching after stints at a JuCo and Wyoming.

4 - Titans:  Tempting to put Steelers here as they could be a force if Big Ben roars back, but he’s an injury risk these days and Titans just earned some respect last year.  I have a hard time seeing Tannehill living up to expectations, but with Henry and that defense, all he really needs to do is be a strong game manger and they will be a tough out.  Be interesting to see if losing Conklin hurts a lot or not.  I personally think they could take a step back this year as I am skeptical on Tannehill over a full season and concerned about the impact of losing Conklin.  But for now, I think they earned this spot last year.  

5 - Steelers:  Reloaded D, plenty of weapons on offense still and Big Ben back.  They could rise up these rankings easily if Ben finds his old form.  But injury risk is a legit question for him and also still need to see how he comes back from his last injury still.  But I think he’s gonna be alright and that makes these guys potentially to low on this list, but until we see it I think this is where they belong.  

6 - Broncos:  They have a strong roster, their success is strictly tied to Locks sophomore improvement or not.  He looked promising, and I think he will do enough to make them a strong candidate for a wildcard.

7 - Pats:  I debated putting them here, or even on the list, until we see what they do at QB.  They lost some key players on D, so they took downgrades in both sides of the ball.  I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt here and assuming they put enough pieces in place to still be dangerous and I’ve learned to never count BB out.

Next group:  Houston, Colts and Cleveland are in the convo, but have big question marks too.  

Indy - What’s Rivers gonna do with a less talented offense than he had with Chargers?  

Hou - The two best players on both sides of the ball now are a major injury risks in Watt and Fuller.  Their offense still goes through Watson, but their weapons now are pedestrian at best, so they better hit on a rookie WR early and also hope DJ is the successful reclamation project BOB thinks he is or they will struggle to win 8 games IMO.

Cle - Will the real Baker please stand up?  Horrible coaching staff was revamped, so it all comes down to which Baker can they expect this year.  The promising rookie who was expected to take a big leap last year (but regressed instead) or is the Baker they got last year more accurate reflection of his future?  If Baker gets back on track, they have a roster that can make some real noise.  If it’s more of the same then this team will implode and I think OBJ could be traded by the deadline as he’s not gonna handle another losing season well.  

I think I have Cleveland right there at the end of that top group rather than in with Indy and Houston etc but otherwise I am pretty much with you on the ranking. I'd flip Steelers and Titans but that is a close run thing. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It always was about Josh's growth, or lack thereof.

This is the year he goes from "raw" to just "bad".

If he is bad this year there are no excuses, that is for sure. I do feel we will know one way or the other at the end of this season. I am reasonably optimistic he will take another step but if he doesn't then the Bills should start looking for an alternative plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I have Cleveland right there at the end of that top group rather than in with Indy and Houston etc but otherwise I am pretty much with you on the ranking. I'd flip Steelers and Titans but that is a close run thing. 

Yeah, I want to flip Steelers and Titans right now too myself as I think Tannehill is going to regress some and Big Ben will do fine.  But until we see both QB's on the field, I think its a coin flip really and giving the benefit of the doubt to the Titans until I see if Big Ben can still play well enough, and also stay healthy.  

Cleveland certainly talent wise has a case for end of that top list, but who do you bump?  Pats I assume, and I wouldn't argue against it, I mean they dont have a QB right now even lol.  But with my Pats PTSD, I cant fully accept the Pats full demise until I see it on the field thanks to BB.  I also am not sure which Baker is the real Baker.  I had him as the top QB coming out, so always thought highly of him.  But the regression with all those weapons concerns me even in the face of bad coaching.  But if the new staff gets him back on track, they can certainly climb this list quick.  

Imo everything will depend on Josh, the defense will be very good like last year, the offense will for sure improve with the acquisition of Diggs but we need Josh to step up and improve his weaknesses, if he does that and take a step then we « could be » contender, without that we are a playoff team for the moment. 

Edited by Smitty75

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That Whaley team had a SB roster.  Just the qb wasn’t good enough.  

Agree as a basic statement on the QB not being good enough  (though Lynn and the Chargers appear to be testing the waters once again in 2020) .. but not sure this 2016 roster was a "SB Roster".   Net of Gilmore, the legendary Williams and McCoy at end of his prime not seeing a SB roster below.

Offensive Starters          
QB Tyrod Taylor 27 5 15 269 for 436, 3,023 yards, 17 td, 6 int, & 95 rushes for 580 yards and 6 td Baltimore Ravens / 6th / 180th pick / 2011
RB LeSean McCoy* 28 7 15 234 rushes for 1,267 yards, 13 td, & 50 catches for 356 yards and 1 td Philadelphia Eagles / 2nd / 53rd pick / 2009
WR Marquise Goodwin 26 3 9 29 catches for 431 yards, 3 td Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 78th pick / 2013
WR Sammy Watkins 23 2 8 28 catches for 430 yards, 2 td Buffalo Bills / 1st / 4th pick / 2014
WR Robert Woods 24 3 10 51 catches for 613 yards, 1 td, & 1 rush for 6 yards and 0 td Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 41st pick / 2013
TE Charles Clay 27 5 15 57 catches for 552 yards, 4 td Miami Dolphins / 6th / 174th pick / 2011
LT Cordy Glenn 27 4 11   Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 41st pick / 2012
LG Richie Incognito* 33 10 16   St. Louis Rams / 3rd / 81st pick / 2005
C Eric Wood 30 7 9   Buffalo Bills / 1st / 28th pick / 2009
RG John Miller 23 1 16 1 fumble recovered Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 81st pick / 2015
RT Jordan Mills 26 3 16 1 fumble recovered Chicago Bears / 5th / 163rd pick / 2013
  Defensive Starters          
DE Adolphus Washington 22 Rook 11   Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 80th pick / 2016
DT Kyle Williams* 33 10 15   Buffalo Bills / 5th / 134th pick / 2006
MLB Preston Brown 24 2 16 1.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 2 fumbles recovered Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 73rd pick / 2014
LB Lorenzo Alexander* 33 9 16    
LB Zach Brown* 27 4 16   Tennessee Titans / 2nd / 52nd pick / 2012
LB Jerry Hughes 28 6 15   Indianapolis Colts / 1st / 31st pick / 2010
CB Ronald Darby 22 1 14   Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 50th pick / 2015
CB Stephon Gilmore* 26 4 15 0.0 sacks, 5 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Buffalo Bills / 1st / 10th pick / 2012
S Corey Graham

20 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Agree as a basic statement on the QB not being good enough  (though Lynn and the Chargers appear to be testing the waters once again in 2020) .. but not sure this 2016 roster was a "SB Roster".   Net of Gilmore, the legendary Williams and McCoy at end of his prime not seeing a SB roster below.

Offensive Starters          
QB Tyrod Taylor 27 5 15 269 for 436, 3,023 yards, 17 td, 6 int, & 95 rushes for 580 yards and 6 td Baltimore Ravens / 6th / 180th pick / 2011
RB LeSean McCoy* 28 7 15 234 rushes for 1,267 yards, 13 td, & 50 catches for 356 yards and 1 td Philadelphia Eagles / 2nd / 53rd pick / 2009
WR Marquise Goodwin 26 3 9 29 catches for 431 yards, 3 td Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 78th pick / 2013
WR Sammy Watkins 23 2 8 28 catches for 430 yards, 2 td Buffalo Bills / 1st / 4th pick / 2014
WR Robert Woods 24 3 10 51 catches for 613 yards, 1 td, & 1 rush for 6 yards and 0 td Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 41st pick / 2013
TE Charles Clay 27 5 15 57 catches for 552 yards, 4 td Miami Dolphins / 6th / 174th pick / 2011
LT Cordy Glenn 27 4 11   Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 41st pick / 2012
LG Richie Incognito* 33 10 16   St. Louis Rams / 3rd / 81st pick / 2005
C Eric Wood 30 7 9   Buffalo Bills / 1st / 28th pick / 2009
RG John Miller 23 1 16 1 fumble recovered Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 81st pick / 2015
RT Jordan Mills 26 3 16 1 fumble recovered Chicago Bears / 5th / 163rd pick / 2013
  Defensive Starters          
DE Adolphus Washington 22 Rook 11   Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 80th pick / 2016
DT Kyle Williams* 33 10 15   Buffalo Bills / 5th / 134th pick / 2006
MLB Preston Brown 24 2 16 1.0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 2 fumbles recovered Buffalo Bills / 3rd / 73rd pick / 2014
LB Lorenzo Alexander* 33 9 16    
LB Zach Brown* 27 4 16   Tennessee Titans / 2nd / 52nd pick / 2012
LB Jerry Hughes 28 6 15   Indianapolis Colts / 1st / 31st pick / 2010
CB Ronald Darby 22 1 14   Buffalo Bills / 2nd / 50th pick / 2015
CB Stephon Gilmore* 26 4 15 0.0 sacks, 5 interceptions, 0 fumbles recovered Buffalo Bills / 1st / 10th pick / 2012
S Corey Graham

2015 not 2016. The 2015 roster is the most loaded roster of my Bills fandom. To go 8-8 (and was actually 6-8 before beating the Dallas 2nd team and the bottling Jets) with that was a fireable offense. Unfortunately we kept Rex on another year. 

I think the 2020 roster when you consider the improvement at the most important position might be pretty close to overtaking it. 

23 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Really Amazing and testament to Beane / McDermott .. that we can even post a thread like this so soon after their regime .. testament to the process after 20 years of losing.

Let's go BUFFALO!!!

More a testament to BBMB shutting down. ?

• Haha (+1) 1