It’s clear.....Super Bowl championship or bust

Beast

Our defense is being built to stymie the best offenses out there (KC, Baltimore).

If our offense can score 24 points, it will be like having the opposition in a chokehold.

We may not get there but this team is not done bringing in pieces. They will contend for a Championship.

For the first time since the Kelly era, the Bills, IMO, should be considered a prime contender to win the Lombardi.

Good times are ahead!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think the Bills are the best team in the AFCE and after KC and Baltimore they are in the conversation with anyone else in the whole AFC. But it is a tightly packed group after those top two: if Tannehill can repeat last year the Titans are in the conversation, the Steelers with Big Ben back and that vastly improved D are a threat, Cleveland has talent and has upgraded its coaching, if Drew Lock is for real I think Denver are going to have a good year and that is all before you look at New England and Houston who have dominated their divisions but look like they are on the downslope (though Houston still has their Quarterback). 

I still think the most likely route to the playoffs for Buffalo in 2020 is to win the division. But with a 3rd wildcard I do think they could even sneak in without the division title. Find a way to win 10 again and they will be in. Schedule will be tougher but if Josh and the offense takes another step we can overcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

We are definitely a serious contender right now and with the draft still to come we only stand to get better yet. JA’s development is surely a key to just how far we can go in 2020, but IMO there is no way we should do any less than last season even with the tougher schedule. This team is definitely being built to win championships and the time is rapidly approaching.

Come on now.  I'm tired of hearing this.  We're still a growing team.  We need to aim for taking the division this year and get at least a playoff win.  Of course SB is the ultimate goal, but we gotta be realistic.  Baltimore and KC are still dominant teams who could both make deep playoff runs.  We still have lots to prove before we can say "SB or bust."  And trust me, I hate the Patriots just as much as anyone on this board, but we still have to worry about them.  They still have a great defense and TB was just an average QB last year and we still couldn't jump that hurdle.  We all know what BB is capable of, no matter who is their QB, i.e. Matt Cassel.  I'm very optimistic that the division is indeed ours this year, but it won't be easy.  And I already don't like that expectation/prediction from the NFL "experts" that the division is ours this year, cuz we all know that they're always wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Come on now.  I'm tired of hearing this.  We're still a growing team.  We need to aim for taking the division this year and get at least a playoff win.  Of course SB is the ultimate goal, but we gotta be realistic.  Baltimore and KC are still dominant teams who could both make deep playoff runs.  We still have lots to prove before we can say "SB or bust."  And trust me, I hate the Patriots just as much as anyone on this board, but we still have to worry about them.  They still have a great defense and TB was just an average QB last year and we still couldn't jump that hurdle.  We all know what BB is capable of, no matter who is their QB, i.e. Matt Cassel.  I'm very optimistic that the division is indeed ours this year, but it won't be easy.  And I already don't like that expectation/prediction from the NFL "experts" that the division is ours this year, cuz we all know that they're always wrong. 

I agree. This year the aim is win the Superbowl but the expectation should be to win the division and win a playoff game.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they win 9 they'll be in, IMO.... that'd be dissapointing, the division should be theirs..... Houston is guna take a step back. 

Dont really think much of Denver. Indy could have a real good year and I think the Titans will also take a step back. 

If Cleveland gets the proper structure and coaching they'll be a good team this season. 

Denver will be better than Indy. Book it.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

<_<

There's always one ...

I am so excited for the start of the season! You can see what has been happening since Josh was drafted. Just like the late 80s when we could see what was being put in  place, this feels the same. 

Now, let's cheer for a better finish.  ?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Our defense is being built to stymie the best offenses out there (KC, Baltimore).

If our offense can score 24 points, it will be like having the opposition in a chokehold.

We may not get there but this team is not done bringing in pieces. They will contend for a Championship.

For the first time since the Kelly era, the Bills, IMO, should be considered a prime contender to win the Lombardi.

Good times are ahead!

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Never use the S word in March

Temperature check for Beast... dropped the S word this early, he has either Corona or Bills Fever!!! :lol: I agree though Beast, we're trying to squash the best offenses flames out and if we can do that this year is our year!

2 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

It’s all about Josh’s growth at this point.

True to an extent.  But it’s also the window before he might become super extensive where we can sign these guys.  If Allen is the guy, in a few years, this roster will look completely different.  This is a SB window.

which again is why I can’t believe so many fans are just fine with Matt Barkley as a backup.  

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Really Amazing and testament to Beane / McDermott .. that we can even post a thread like this so soon after their regime .. testament to the process after 20 years of losing.

Let's go BUFFALO!!!

That Whaley team had a SB roster.  Just the qb wasn’t good enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

It's all part of their 4-year plan!

2017: build locker room culture

2018: build defense

2019: build offense 

2020: finishing touches for deep playoff run

Bare minimum goal should be AFC East Division title and first playoff victory since 1995. 

• Like (+1) 2