Bills sign DL Quinton Jefferson for 2 years, $13.5M

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Plus, the real contract details have not been disclosed. Sure, it could have been worth 27.5, but what were the guarantees? He got a lot of guaranteed money from Miami. I suspect the Bills did not offer the same. 

Good point- if this is really a two year deal in Buffalo then the total is almost meaningless.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

One thing on the money- is that NY takes another 2 + million of that 27.5 where Florida takes 0 of the 30 therefore the difference is really almost $5 million at end of three years. That is real money even to rich dudes

You aren't wrong but you aren't exactly right either.  Taxes are paid based on where games are played.  So 8 games will be Florida taxes instead of 8 games being NY taxes.  It is still a large difference so your point remains.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, section122 said:

You aren't wrong but you aren't exactly right either.  Taxes are paid based on where games are played.  So 8 games will be Florida taxes instead of 8 games being NY taxes.  It is still a large difference so your point remains.

The tax rules should be changed so that the states get their money but everybody pays an average tax rate. Every single player from every single team pays the same average state tax rate and the states where the work is performed get the taxes they are owed.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

I looked at the Seahawks social medias to learn some things about Jefferson and all i read was positive, the things that stood up the most was "He can play DT and DE, he has an high ceilling, good to put some pressure on the QB and he's still young and most the fans was disapointed to see him leave.

Looks like we maybe upgraded the dline after the lost of Lawson and Phillips!

McD does love versatile players.  I found this on a Seahawk website...

Jefferson, soon-to-be 27, has quietly been a strong part of Seattle’s defensive line in each of the past two seasons. In 30 games (24 starts) Jefferson racked up 29 solo tackles, 25 quarterback hits, 6.5 sacks and five passes defended from 2018-2019.

His versatility was key for the Seahawks, as he was capable of lining up at five-tech and rushing the passer and also lining up at three-tech and plugging holes up the middle.

Seattle is likely trying to save their money to bring back defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, but even if they are able to bring him back they will have another hole to fill following the loss of Jefferson.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/17/former-seattle-seahawks-dt-quinton-jefferson-reaches-agreement-with-buffalo-bills/

Love this signing. The D-line remains a deep unit. Vernon Butler takes over for Phillips while Addision takes over for Shaq. Jefferson takes over the versatile Lorax role. Draft wise I would love to see Edge drafted in round 2 or 3 just to get a bit younger at that position as outside of Henry and Ed there isn't much youth along the D-line and the edge could use some more suring up. 

Ideally I would like to see the draft fall to Edge round 2, WR round 3, RB round 4, and secondary depth round 5. I think that would nicely round out the team. Free Agency wise I think they can find some more O-line depth to just round out the offense a bit more. 

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

This signing has the least replies of any yet on this board (not that that's a real barometer) but I think it might be the best one yet. From what I've gathered, Seahawks fans are really upset to see him go.

I agree 100 % ( IMO) this is the best free agent signing we’ve made so far