Who drafts a QB this year?

I was and still am a huge Allen supporter.  I wanted him over all other QB's and posted that many times.  Rosen was my second option.  Allen has made strides and if he continues to improve he has a really good chance of being the franchise QB this team has lacked for two decades.  

That said, I am also a proponent of drafting QBs often.  I'm not looking for competition. I am thinking more investment.  They still have multiple picks and filled many holes on defense.  Bringing back Spain means Ford will start at RT.

I look at the needs as OT - in case Ford struggles and possible Dawkins replacement, RB #2, Edge rusher, and punter.  That's three position players and the luxury of drafting the best punter in the draft.  After that there are few if any holes on the team - maybe TE?.  They have depth on the OL and DL. They have depth at CB and safety.  This is the perfect year to add a QB in the mid rounds to develop.  The rosters will expand so carrying three QBs will be more common.  

If Allen is the franchise, then at worst you burn a mid round draft pick.  If Allen is great and the new QB shows anything in preseason or mop-up duty maybe he becomes trade bait.  If Allen is a bust, Beane and McD will need a plan B or they both may be out of jobs.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was and still am a huge Allen supporter.  I wanted him over all other QB's and posted that many times.  Rosen was my second option.  Allen has made strides and if he continues to improve he has a really good chance of being the franchise QB this team has lacked for two decades.  

That said, I am also a proponent of drafting QBs often.  I'm not looking for competition. I am thinking more investment.  They still have multiple picks and filled many holes on defense.  Bringing back Spain means Ford will start at RT.

I look at the needs as OT - in case Ford struggles and possible Dawkins replacement, RB #2, Edge rusher, and punter.  That's three position players and the luxury of drafting the best punter in the draft.  After that there are few if any holes on the team - maybe TE?.  They have depth on the OL and DL. They have depth at CB and safety.  This is the perfect year to add a QB in the mid rounds to develop.  The rosters will expand so carrying three QBs will be more common.  

If Allen is the franchise, then at worst you burn a mid round draft pick.  If Allen is great and the new QB shows anything in preseason or mop-up duty maybe he becomes trade bait.  If Allen is a bust, Beane and McD will need a plan B or they both may be out of jobs.  

I doubt we’re drafting a QB this year, we have more holes on the offense to attend to than QB.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

RB #2 for sure. What other holes?

Still need a RT

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

RB #2 for sure. What other holes?

Also if we get a QB it’s probably gonna be through free agency and it’ll be someone to compete with Barkley. And it won’t be Dalton, Winston or Newton. They all want to start. And there’s no QB in this draft that’s worth a high pick

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I doubt we’re drafting a QB this year, we have more holes on the offense to attend to than QB.

Yeah, why do you a backup qb?  No way a starting qb ever gets hurt.

Jameis Winston, the turnover machine, has a career int ratio of 3.5%. Barkley is at 6.1%!  Yeah, I can see why we’re good at qb!