Wonder if Jerry Hughes is just excited or....Tweet 5m ago

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I'm gonna say Ed O.  He was starting to make some moves at the end of the year.

He's gonna come back beastly. Offseason of NFL conditioning, got through all of the draft crap and rookie wall

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I still wish we paid Hooper. $11M was worth it IMO, better than Kroft and Smith. RT is still a big issue

I agree with this. Hooper and Conklin were my top free agent targets, though I love what we've done in free agency and the trade for Diggs. I think it's very important for Josh Allen's development that we got a #1 wr who does not need time to develop. It seems evident they have more confidence in Ford than many fans. I hope they are right, of course. It would be foolish not to pick up at least one wr in this deep draft class. If Shenault falls within range, I can see a trade up. If not, I'm hoping for Pittman, Claypool, or Tyler Johnson. And just to add my mini-crusade -- Rodrigo Blankenship ought to be on our radar for a day 3 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree with this. Hooper and Conklin were my top free agent targets, though I love what we've done in free agency and the trade for Diggs. I think it's very important for Josh Allen's development that we got a #1 wr who does not need time to develop. It seems evident they have more confidence in Ford than many fans. I hope they are right, of course. It would be foolish not to pick up at least one wr in this deep draft class. If Shenault falls within range, I can see a trade up. If not, I'm hoping for Pittman, Claypool, or Tyler Johnson. And just to add my mini-crusade -- Rodrigo Blankenship ought to be on our radar for a day 3 pick.

I'm edge hunting in RD2/3

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not sure we will see it.... they invested a lot in Ford.... I don't like him at RT, but they might cross their fingers he improved there and if not move him inside and go with Nscheke.... don't think they are done with FA either.

I agree, but I hate Ford at RT and it's doubtful he will get much better, just too slow. I really wish we were more aggressive in FA with it (Bulaga was a good deal, Conklin was a bit rich), but you have to overpay in FA

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah... they need another young WR. Can't count on Foster for anything at this point.

After giving up so much for Diggs, why would you come back and draft another WR high in the draft??  Doesn't make sense to me.  The Bills run more than most teams in the league and with Diggs added, they will still run more than most teams in the league.  Why wouldn't you get someone to compliment Singletary?  I like the other posters idea of a TE if a playmaker is available but I would not touch a WR at the top end of the draft unless you get someone with a mid 1st round grade slip to you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I agree, but I hate Ford at RT and it's doubtful he will get much better, just too slow. I really wish we were more aggressive in FA with it (Bulaga was a good deal, Conklin was a bit rich), but you have to overpay in FA

If JA shaves .3-.5 seconds off the time he holds the ball you'll be less worried about Ford.  

13 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

If JA shaves .3-.5 seconds off the time he holds the ball you'll be less worried about Ford.  

Theoretically yes because the QB will bail him out, but he struggles against speed rushers and that can be an issue on deeper routes. I get the QB can help make other players around them better, but it doesn't erase his short comings

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

If Fords hold his blocks .3 - .5 seconds longer, JA won't have to run for his life and will get passes off quicker.  

• Like (+1) 1