If/when Jameis Winston becomes available would you want him as a back up?

This won’t be a popular opinion, but I do think McDermott really liked Mitch Trubisky pre-draft and I do think he would have taken him at ten if he was there. Beane also saw him play a lot in the Carolina area. I guess my point is that, once the Bears get Foles or Cam or whomever and they cut Mitch, I could see us bringing him in as a backup, rehab him, and maybe trade him or have a young backup to Josh for awhile. Trubisky has talent, but that dude needs to get out of Chicago and go be a backup and reset his career. 

I’m not sure the same situation would work with Winston. I think he winds up on the Chargers. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Once the music stops and there aren't any chairs, i think he'll go to a team with a young starter.  Once Newton and Dalton are moved i think he becomes the last real option.  NE, LAC, CHI all have pretty open spots.  If Chicago doesn't make a move for newton or dalton, i think they could be a good spot for him.  Washington could be an interesting landing spot for any of those guys as well depending on their thoughts around pick #2.  Miami also could think he is an upgrade over fitz (he is).  

I’m maybe in the minority but I don’t want Jameis in New England. He has TONS of talent. If the lightbulb ever goes off he could be dangerous. I’d rather they add someone like Dalton that’s going to be pretty good but never dangerous. 

The price would have to be low for the Bills to add him but I’m not opposed at all. As we get closer to contention they need to upgrade Barkley IMO. If Josh were to miss a month they’d have to play .500 ball. Barkley isn’t that guy to me. I like him and Josh likes him so I think he stays. I’d rather he stay as the #3 though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

24 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This won’t be a popular opinion, but I do think McDermott really liked Mitch Trubisky pre-draft and I do think he would have taken him at ten if he was there. Beane also saw him play a lot in the Carolina area. I guess my point is that, once the Bears get Foles or Cam or whomever and they cut Mitch, I could see us bringing him in as a backup, rehab him, and maybe trade him or have a young backup to Josh for awhile. Trubisky has talent, but that dude needs to get out of Chicago and go be a backup and reset his career. 

I’m not sure the same situation would work with Winston. I think he winds up on the Chargers. 

Yikes 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m maybe in the minority but I don’t want Jameis in New England. He has TONS of talent. If the lightbulb ever goes off he could be dangerous. I’d rather they add someone like Dalton that’s going to be pretty good but never dangerous. 

The price would have to be low for the Bills to add him but I’m not opposed at all. As we get closer to contention they need to upgrade Barkley IMO. If Josh were to miss a month they’d have to play .500

ball. Barkley isn’t that guy to me. I like him and Josh likes him so I think he stays. I’d rather he stay as the #3 though.

Apparently, he had eye surgery too.  

but the Bills aren’t going to bring anyone who could possible beat Allen in a qb competition.  Guys like Winston and Newton could.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yikes 

Apparently, he had eye surgery too.  

but the Bills aren’t going to bring anyone who could possible beat Allen in a qb competition.  Guys like Winston and Newton could.  

I agree with that too. My list to my dad the other day was Mariota, Keenum and Brissett (if he shook loose). I want a guy with some resume of success but that knows his role. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with that too. My list to my dad the other day was Mariota, Keenum and Brissett (if he shook loose). I want a guy with some resume of success but that knows his role. 

Brissett would be perfect.  I can see him going back to NE though.

Josh Allen is constantly putting himself into danger with his body. He's fearless, but it's going to get him killed one day. 

Having a talent like Winston would salvage a season if the worst case scenario presented itself, is a smart play. Barkley just isn't someone who can win games. 

If Jameis came here it would be a formula for disaster.  He's a great kid from what I hear from Tampa fans, but JA doesn't need a QB controversy if he has a bad performance. Remember this guy is a very high draft choice and 4 year starter. I don't like Barkley either, but a veteran guy who knows his role, and does not expect to compete for the starting job would be better than a young guy who would bristle at riding the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

Neither Winston or Newton are in any way a possible candidate for a BU position in Buffalo regardless of their skill set. To think otherwise would mean that individual doesn’t understand how or why the HC and GM put the team together as they have.

( SM, “one player can’t make a team, but one player can break a team”)

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply