Playoff Beard Until Virus is Gone

Irv

Now that I don't go into work anymore due to the virus, I'm thinking about running the hockey playoff beard until it's over.  Hoping not to look like Rumpelstiltskin.    Not sure if I spelled that right.  Who's with me?  

Edited by Irv

I wish ... retired, but work Extra Help, for my old department (have a few upcoming shifts). No beards allowed. Hmm...that was because it wasn't a good look for outsiders to see (not professional). Nobody, with the exception of more inmates, is allowed into the jail at this time. Maybe it could fly. 

As a long time beard grower, maybe someone in this thread can tell me how well beards go with face masks.  I was wondering if I would have to shave mine off in order to get a good seal.  I believe I would have to.

Years ago we did a project on a pipeline pumping station.   When the engineer went out to start it up, he had to shave off his beard to wear the mask.  This was more of a gasmask type mask but it is what made me think about this in the first place.

34 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I wish ... retired, but work Extra Help, for my old department (have a few upcoming shifts). No beards allowed. Hmm...that was because it wasn't a good look for outsiders to see (not professional). Nobody, with the exception of more inmates, is allowed into the jail at this time. Maybe it could fly. 

No beards allowed in NorCal??

13 hours ago, Irv said:

Now that I don't go into work anymore due to the virus, I'm thinking about running the hockey playoff beard until it's over.  Hoping not to look like Rumpelstiltskin.    Not sure if I spelled that right.  Who's with me?  

Can you get a surgical  mask to cover it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

As a long time beard grower, maybe someone in this thread can tell me how well beards go with face masks.  I was wondering if I would have to shave mine off in order to get a good seal.  I believe I would have to.

Years ago we did a project on a pipeline pumping station.   When the engineer went out to start it up, he had to shave off his beard to wear the mask.  This was more of a gasmask type mask but it is what made me think about this in the first place.

Yeah if you need to wear a mask the beard will have to go.  I used to work at a place where we got fitted for a mask if we worked in certain areas and the guys with beards had to shave.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

What would yield a bigger beard?

1) Don't shave until COVID-19 is under control

2) Don't shave until Josh Allen passes for 300 yards in a game

I'm willing to grow a beard, not play for ZZ Top.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

The N95 masks are fitted and you will have to shave.  The general purpose masks that you would see in the dentist office - no.

I know that Jose Andres who is primary force for World Central Kitchen had to shave his.

Things may have changed since I was in the fire service, but those breathing apparatus required no beard for a proper seal.

Edited by BuffaloBud
  • Thank you (+1) 1