Anyone think we still go WR in Round 2

10 hours ago, Gambit said:

Claypool might slip into the 2nd cause he's a freak talent. I'd like him or in the 3rd I'd really like Gandy-Golden. I think he's a stud and will be a solid pro.

I don’t know about Claypool- he is certainly athletic, but in full games I watched Cole Kmet was the more impactful player.  

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I hope we use the later picks to trade up into the second and third rounds if possible. I’d be happy with two 2s and a 3rd and 4th.

Me too, but I don’t think the value of their remaining later picks can get that done. 5th - 7th round picks don’t carry much trade value.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes. We have the smurfs right now.  A Claypool or Pittman would make for a killer offseason 

I liked what I saw from Pittman, less so Claypool.  Just seemed to me that Claypool should have been more dominant with his physical gifts.

If any of the top RBs like Dobbins, Swift, Taylor, Akers or Edwards-helaire are available at 54, I think it would be very tempting.  I do think that DE is a bigger need, but I don’t know if there will be as good a DE prospect available as compared to any of that RB group.

Edited by OldTimer1960

I would go with Weaver out of Boise if he is available in the 2nd if he is still on the board. I watched him a lot in college and was always making an impact in every game. I see him being a consistent 7-10 sack guy in the NFL.

Edited by Udubalum07

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I liked what I saw from Pittman, less so Claypool.  Just seemed to me that Claypool should have been more dominant with his physical gifts.

I think Claypool is a much rawer prospect, who is becoming better every year.  On this team right now with our receivers, he could just be a red zone threat and that would be a much role right now.  And he would have great vets to learn route running and other tricks to being a good receiver.  I think it would be an amazing pick and give Allen another, much different type of weapon.  

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I hope we use the later picks to trade up into the second and third rounds if possible. I’d be happy with two 2s and a 3rd and 4th.

IMO, this isn't a good strategy.  Guys in the 2nd and 3rd are simply much more likely to bust than guys taken in the first round.  A trade up might be justified to get a pick in the first ten picks of round 2 but since the Bills will be drafting in the bottom third of both rounds, the chances of moving up to the top of second round seems likely to cost too much.  

I don't think trading up in the third round is a good idea at all.  The Bills are in a position at this point to improve their backups and ST with guys from the third, fourth, and fifth round, some of whom may eventually develop into really good players if given the opportunity.   The Bills 2019 had too many  UDFAs, PS refugees, and 6th and 7th rounders once you got beyond the starters.  They need to improve the bottom of their roster as well as the top, and the place to find those guys is rounds 3-5.

40 minutes ago, ngbills said:

WR's that could drop to 2nd - Higgins, Shanault

WR's that should be there in 3rd - Pittman, Gandy Golden, Claypool

I would be shocked if Higgins is there at 54, but I expect Shenault will be.  I think they won’t take WR in 2nd almost no matter what.  

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

IMO, this isn't a good strategy.  Guys in the 2nd and 3rd are simply much more likely to bust than guys taken in the first round.  A trade up might be justified to get a pick in the first ten picks of round 2 but since the Bills will be drafting in the bottom third of both rounds, the chances of moving up to the top of second round seems likely to cost too much.  

I don't think trading up in the third round is a good idea at all.  The Bills are in a position at this point to improve their backups and ST with guys from the third, fourth, and fifth round, some of whom may eventually develop into really good players if given the opportunity.   The Bills 2019 had too many  UDFAs, PS refugees, and 6th and 7th rounders once you got beyond the starters.  They need to improve the bottom of their roster as well as the top, and the place to find those guys is rounds 3-5.

For me it’s simply a question of how much trust one has in Beane and Co.’s ability to evaluate talent. 
    I don’t have complete trust but I do have more than I’ve had since Polian.

With all of the additions so far, I have no idea what position the Bills will target in the 2nd. Neither will anyone else come draft time. Genius!!! Just sit back and let the draft come to them. I would not rule out bundling picks to move up either.