Defense:

Norman

Addison

Klein

Matakevich

Jefferson

Butler

(Extended Poyer)

Is McBeane always going to prioritize defense first? Going into this, all of the analysis was that the Bills needed to build the offense, but apparently McBeane had other plans. You can talk about the draft all you want, but those returns aren't usually immediate.

First true FA still has not started and you fail to add the rest of the guys resigned already:

Offense:

Croom

Long

Foster

Kroft restructured 

these are all since the Norman signing.

We have lost back-ups: McKenzie and Gore on offense.

Phillips, Shaq, Alexander, and unsigned guys like DB Kevin Johnson, Kurt Coleman and many more on defense.

Edited by Rochesterfan

In McD's first season as Bills HC he went defense, CB with that #1 pick in 2017. Even when he went QB, #7 overall with that 2018 first round draft pick he still went #16 overall on an ILBer. 2019 it was #9 overall a DT for the defense. Three years, three defensive first round picks.

There is no question that the 2020 #22 overall went to the Vikings for WR Stefon Diggs. 

I don't see the Bills giving up the farm to move up into the first round this year...but hey, ya never know.

What do they still need, Edge rusher, RB, RT, RG? 

You have to think that this scouting staff missed on a #2, #37 overall in WR Zay Jones. They missed on a #3, #7 for Kelvin Benjamin. Diggs is a sure fire home run this year and he is just coming into his prime. 17.9 yards per catch puts him at #4 with a 12.0 yards per target. Precise route runner that can out juke any DB out of his cleats and will get separation. 

Remember that Texans playoff game or the Ravens games where the Bills receivers were covered like blankets? Having to double Diggs will make the other Bills receivers better. I've read quite a lot that many consider Diggs better than Amari Cooper. The Bills got a receiver away from a team that really didn't want to trade him. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

In McD's first season as Bills HC he went defense, CB with that #1 pick in 2017. Even when he went QB, #7 overall with that 2018 first round draft pick he still went #16 overall on an ILBer. 2019 it was #9 overall a DT for the defense. Three years, three defensive first round picks.

There is no question that the 2020 #22 overall went to the Vikings for WR Stefon Diggs. 

I don't see the Bills giving up the farm to move up into the first round this year...but hey, ya never know.

What do they still need, Edge rusher, RB, RT, RG? 

You have to think that this scouting staff missed on a #2, #37 overall in WR Zay Jones. They missed on a #3, #7 for Kelvin Benjamin. Diggs is a sure fire home run this year and he is just coming into his prime. 17.9 yards per catch puts him at #4 with a 12.0 yards per target. Precise route runner that can out juke any DB out of his cleats and will get separation. 

Remember that Texans playoff game or the Ravens games where the Bills receivers were covered like blankets? Having to double Diggs will make the other Bills receivers better. I've read quite a lot that many consider Diggs better than Amari Cooper. The Bills got a receiver away from a team that really didn't want to trade him. 

This trade is huge and the skill set is exactly what we needed to open up plays for the other guys. I still think we may slide one or 2 more surprises in

I feel like our run offense is good with an addition of a backup to motor. That should be easy to take care of either in the draft or I'm sure there are capable options in free agency still. I think Diggs was a big step in helping the passing game, perhaps add another WR in the draft and we should be ok, as long as Knox keeps growing. Our O-line should be ok as is, though I am not sure if Ford will truly be the answer at RT.

31 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They needed to add four front 7 defenders and make it five if they cut Murphy.  And they got the veteran WR. In a perfect world the WR would have been AJ Green in free agency and then use first round pick on OLB. But Diggs contract is great. So giving up the #1 is ok. Add a RB and OT in the draft

Diggs>Green

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Offense:

Diggs

(Re-signed Spain)

Defense:

Norman

Addison

Klein

Matakevich

Jefferson

Butler

(Extended Poyer)

Is McBeane always going to prioritize defense first? Going into this, all of the analysis was that the Bills needed to build the offense, but apparently McBeane had other plans. You can talk about the draft all you want, but those returns aren't usually immediate.

Keep in mind this is sort of the opposite of last year, where Beane signed Morse as the big FA, but also Kroft, Beasley, Brown, Nsekhe, Feliciano, Spain, Long, and Gore.

Then we drafted Oliver in the 1st

I think this may be the opposite - we spent our first round pick on a proven quality NFL WR and are trying to shore up a lot of defensive needs and gaps in FA.

I dunno, I would have liked to see a bit more gap-shoring on offense - OL, RB - but FA hasn't even officially started.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

They were 24th in offense last year. So anyone that wants to point to last years FA and say that was enough needs to ask themselves whether or not 24th is good enough. 

Should've worked "punk" in there somewhere.

31 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Draft best RB in 2nd round, best OL in 3rd round. Done.

I'd like it if we used all our picks - they are OUR picks.

The thing with the offense is that they're not far off. They needed to add a stud. Diggs is a stud; a playmaker; a baller. Choose whichever word you like.

The defensive signings are largely replacements and depth.

My only areas of concern at the moment are a STUD edge and an interior offensive lineman capable of pushing people around. The roster is starting to look really solid, but I'd like to see something done there. If we don't sign a big time edge, and it appears we wont, I'm hoping that's where they go in round 2.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1