What about White/Milano/Dawkins?

All in good time. I trust our FO more than ever and feel confident they will do what’s best at the right time. They are on top of it. 

White and Dawkins in particular are going to become very wealthy young men. Position matters. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Sign White if he gives you a bit of a discount for the early deal.  If not take advantage of the first round pick 5th year option. 

Hold tight on Milano and Dawkins.  I see an OT early in this draft as insurance against Dawkins leaving.  Milano is a great story but he can be replaced.  I think when they extended Poyer it sealed the fate of Milano as the guy they will let walk on defense.  Barring injury Hyde will get paid and if Edmunds and Allen develop they need to save money somewhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Like what’s been done thus far, but I’d like to see at least two of these guys get locked up this off season.

Patience, Grasshopper.  Beane said these deals tend to get done after FA and the draft.  With the draft perhaps being delayed, we may see them happen in April instead of May, but we'll finish FA first.

It's early my friend, extremely early. I'd almost expect Dawkins and Milano to get done prior to White. I'm not saying that White is greedy, but I'm sure he and his agent want to maximize his value. His contract will almost certainly surpass Byron Jones now and I believe he may be waiting for the $$$ to get spread out to a couple of other guys as well, Harris and Slay possibly. Tre's deal will make him the highest paid CB in the league when it happens. Again though we have seen that Beane takes care of our own, the guys they really want here, with the Jordan Poyer extension. Last year it was with Hughes. This is one regime that I completely have faith in when it comes to taking care of our core players.  

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sign White if he gives you a bit of a discount for the early deal.  If not take advantage of the first round pick 5th year option. 

Hold tight on Milano and Dawkins.  I see an OT early in this draft as insurance against Dawkins leaving.  Milano is a great story but he can be replaced.  I think when they extended Poyer it sealed the fate of Milano as the guy they will let walk on defense.  Barring injury Hyde will get paid and if Edmunds and Allen develop they need to save money somewhere.  

Nailed it. 

They can’t keep everyone. They have to be operating on the idea that White, Allen, and Edmunds are going to be extended. Beyond that, Dawkins will probably get a raise. The casualty in this might be Milano. He’s a nice player, but he’s not an essential player. He isn’t a QB, LT, ***** down corner, middle linebacker, or pass rusher. He can be replaced in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The league year hasn't even started yet.  Dawkins and Milano are both FAs after 2020, and they have a 5th year option for white in 2021.  

Yeah they have time but I’ll feel better when they’r signed Long term

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah they have time but I’ll feel better when they’r signed Long term

Gotta lock up at least one to have the tag available for another.  White's 5th year option buys you another year.  But then you're looking at the Allen extension and it becomes a  game of who stays and who goes on the whole roster.  

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Like what’s been done thus far, but I’d like to see at least two of these guys get locked up this off season.

No rush plus betting White waits as cap will increase soon with new TV deals and he can ask for more

• 4 weeks later...