Bills sign DT Vernon Butler. 2 years up to 18M total and 9.3M GTD

6 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Holy crap, 4 new defensive players who played for Carolina.  If you're tired of hearing jokes about signing players who played for Carolina, I have some bad news for you.

So, Cam Newton will be a Bill I guess.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Will he play 1, 3, or 5 technique?

I forget that some people are slow on here.  Cam Newton's a quarterback.

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Is that you Bernie?

He'd actually be all for a hard cap and revenue sharing.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Mea Culpa, folks.

I screwed up combining duplicate threads (Butler & Jefferson), making this a difficult read. I’ve asked @YoloinOhio to change the topic heading and will attempt to get @Nervous Guy to split them back in the a.m. Both are likely sleeping currently. 

(Ya’d think they know this is when Beane does his best work. Tooth fairy’s got Nothin’ on Brandon.)

I suggest clicking the posts you want to prune and use the split function...tedious, yes....but an appropriate punishment

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I hope it works....twas just a guess...maybe experiment first

The damage wasn’t too bad as the announced signing and corresponding thread were pretty new when I tried merging multiple offerings. I think we’re good to go now, though new readers may get confused sipping coffee..

Edited by Chandler#81
Add a line
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Murphy may be in trouble... 

Also, would anyone else be unsurprised to see them try to move Hughes? 

WIth so many DTs coming in, Lotulelei shouldn't get too comfortable.

I hope we keep Hughes until we have his natural replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting reading about his draft profile

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016vbutler.php

Player Comparison: Nick Fairley. Fairley has been a good player when motivated. He can be a stout run defender and contributes as a pass-rusher. Like Fairley, Butler has a ton of natural talent. They are similar size and athletic. Fairley was a mid-first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, and Butler could go as high as the middle of Round 1 to early in Round 2.

NFL Matches: Buffalo, Washington, Houston, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Arizona, Seattle, Denver, Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit and New Orleans

There are a lot of options for Butler in the first or second round. Kyle Williams is aging for Buffalo, and the Bills could easily address their front seven this offseason. Butler could form a special tandem with Marcel Dareus (2020 edit -- Ed Oliver).

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, how many defensive lineman do we need?   I mean, damn.....

Well, the Bills let Lawson and Phillips go, so there's Addison and Butler, then Liuget could equal Jefferson. So, really they're presumably upgrading guys they lost, not just adding to the numbers. I realize your statement was probably sarcasm, but I'm just throwing this out there as a means to bringing some clarity to the "why" when this isn't the only place I've seen the question or concern about Buffalo targeting Defensive players over Offensive players.