Bills sign DT Vernon Butler. 2 years up to 18M total and 9.3M GTD

Top 100 free agents:  Number 29

29. EDGE DANTE FOWLER JR.

Fowler had the best season of his four-year career in 2019, producing a 73.4 pass-rush grade that ranks 31st among qualifying edge defenders. Fowler has gathered the sixth-most sacks (15) while ranking 38th in win rate and 20th in pressure rate. Not to mention, he had the second-most pressures that were cleanups or pursuits. His pressure rate this year was over three percentage points higher than we have seen from him in a single season. Fowler is likely going to get overpaid based on the 2019 sack numbers, but that’s not to say he isn’t a good player — he’ll be a good addition to a pass-rush unit if a team can get him for the right price.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

2 missed tackles in 440 snaps for Carolina in 2019...I’m picking up on a theme here

Interesting. Missed tackles was probably my biggest beef with the D last year. All three units. All three new DL seem to be good tacklers. Klein decent, too. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

That's a bad signing. He was abysmal for 3 years then got 5 sacks in his contract year. Former first round pick. Maybe McD can get more effort from him.

I think that is why his contract is structured with only 9 mil guaranteed. He wants to get payed. Give him something to work for...

Before 2019 you could have got this guy for a late round pick. He couldn't break the rotation. 

Panthers fans would have died laughing if you told them he would get close to 9 mill total contract never mind guarantees only.

Edited by Seoulofstone

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Before 2019 you could have got this guy for a late round pick. He couldn't break the rotation. 

Panthers fans would have died laughing if you told them he would get close to 9 mill.

He's only 25, looks like the light came on for him last season, I'm sure new DL coach, Washington, had a lot to say about Butler

• Like (+1) 3