The Death of the "Patriot Way"

3 hours ago, arcane said:

On the pats board it's a consensus that the kraft/bill Brady/garoppolo thing is completely fabricated, and they routinely get a kick out of people that build colossal narratives out of it like the above 

So the plan was to have no QB after Brady?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, arcane said:

On the pats board it's a consensus that the kraft/bill Brady/garoppolo thing is completely fabricated, and they routinely get a kick out of people that build colossal narratives out of it like the above 

Those are the same fans that are in total denial over Spygate...

The 13th man (zebras) is always felt in any Cheats game. Until that's gone and the zebras aren't going blind on every holding call I'll still give them the edge.

Pick plays, holding, you name it, they get away with it. This last taping scandal should remove some of their picks this year.

The 14th man (the NFL) wants them to win. They play with too many men on the field on every play.

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So the plan was to have no QB after Brady?

They made two Super Bowls and won one after the trade. It wasn't exactly a story of the 1996 Bills when the trade was made.

And while I'm sure he prefers JG to his 2020 QB, JG is merely good, nothing special, and you claiming a "lack of a plan" because of something 3 years and 2 Super Bowls away isn't exactly compelling when there really isn't tangible evidence that it played out in the detailed way claimed by those who spend way too much time trying to paint their own stories over the Pats of the last 20 years 

18 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Those are the same fans that are in total denial over Spygate...

There are plenty of fans there who are realists about the fact that Bill broke the rules 13 years ago, even though they are often drowned by goofballs, which happens here too, and anywhere else on the Internet.

the fact remains that bills fans asserting things about Kraft with no tangible evidence is not justified by the Patriots cheating over a decade ago

The logical train followed by bills fans in these discussions is often incomprehensible 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, arcane said:

They made two Super Bowls and won one after the trade. It wasn't exactly a story of the 1996 Bills when the trade was made.

And while I'm sure he prefers JG to his 2020 QB, JG is merely good, nothing special, and you claiming a "lack of a plan" because of something 3 years and 2 Super Bowls away isn't exactly compelling when there really isn't tangible evidence that it played out in the detailed way claimed by those who spend way too much time trying to paint their own stories over the Pats of the last 20 years 

There are plenty of fans there who are realists about the fact that Bill broke the rules 13 years ago, even though they are often drowned by goofballs, which happens here too, and anywhere else on the Internet.

the fact remains that bills fans asserting things about Kraft with no tangible evidence is not justified by the Patriots cheating over a decade ago

The logical train followed by bills fans in these discussions is often incomprehensible 

I think it is laughable that you imply that the cheating stopped. It has been ongoing for 20 years. That is the real story of the Patriot Way and the reason we won’t see the Patriots fade until the cheating is stopped. Brady leaving will have little to no impact on New England’s success.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, arcane said:

Super Bowls or not. On March 18, 2020, they have their d***s in their hands and not much else at QB.  Brilliant.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One of my favorite Belichick stories was during game review on a Monday and he was irritated that Brady threw to a different receiver (and it may have been picked) when it was supposed to be a simple five yard hitch. Belichick said something like, "If you don't wanna run this play the way it's called, I'll go down to Foxborough High and sign their JV quarterback to do it."

• Haha (+1) 1