Gonna go out on a limb and say Belichick retires

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't see him retiring anytime soon.  Belichick strikes me as the kind of guy who has very few real interests outside of football and will not retire until he's forced to.  I also suspect he believes (rightly or wrongly) that TB held the team back last year and that the Pats can do even better in 2020 without him.  And I'm sure he's the type of guy who would love to prove that he can win big without Brady.  He might be right.  

I can see him staying.  But I'm not sure Brady held them back, he just didn't perform like he usually does.  They are about to have an average roster with a below-average QB hopefully.  hahahaahahahh. 

Edited by RyanC883

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I can see him staying.  But I'm not sure Brady held them back, he just didn't perform like he usually does.  They are about to have an average roster with a below-average QB hopefully.  hahahaahahahh. 

I'm not sure Brady held them back, either.  He was very limited in a few areas, but he still throws a really nice ball and makes lightning quick decisions.  Stay tuned...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I'm not sure Brady held them back, either.  He was very limited in a few areas, but he still throws a really nice ball and makes lightning quick decisions.  Stay tuned...

I really hope both Tampa and NE stink next year.  Dream scenario.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Nope. He’s too arrogant.  He wants to prove he was the reason the Pats won, not Brady.  

He also wants to keep developing his son for a potential handoff 

I don't think he's arrogant (that's Brady), but they both absolutely want to try to win one without the other.   Belichick genuinely loves what he does -- or at least it's what drives him.

He certainly won't retire over Tawmmy leaving.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's face it. The Pats are in the mess they are in now, in cap hell with no heir apparent to Brady, thanks to Bob Kraft. Belichick had Jimmy G all ready to step in  by now. But Kraft heard Tawmmy's cry and pout and made Bill trade away Jimmy for basically nothing. So the last few years Belichick was being ruled by Brady because Kraft backed Tom, not him.  So now, Belichick has a real mess not entirely his own making.  So why stick around and tarnish his legacy?

Bill could retire to a cushy TV job, or just sail his boat and get laid for the next year. Rather than put up with this crap show, compounded by the Coronavirus. So I predict Bill will announce his retirement before the draft, to stick it to Krafty Bob for siding with Tawmmy.

I think he will finish this season and Josh McDaniels will take over from there,  i see the Pats trading for Cam because they are going to need a QB.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

If they end up with Cam Newton and get some WR help, they can still be dangerous. That defense was tough last year, especially on the back end. Losing Collins and Van Noy is a joy for me and hopefully it stings the Pats. I don't see a 4-12 fall on the horizon but 9-7, 8-8 could be a reality. Bills at 10-6 could win this division.  

of course I want them to do better, but man, I could live with being a 10-6 division champion.

enough of this, “we lose the division if we are not 14-2” garbage.

watching a 6-6 cowboys team hold on to first place in their division while 9-3 Still put us two games back (if memory serves) was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

No way this happens but it would be funny if he did 30 seconds after Tom signs elsewhere. That would be the ultimate FU to Kraft.

That would be fantastic. Can you imagine the "Pats*** Nation" meltdown? It would be a most epic scene. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DFT said:

I think he trades their 1st for AJ and Dalton.  That’ll learn Tommy terrific!

There is no way Bengals are making that trade. They want Greene back.  And Dalton isn't close to being worth a 1st.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's face it. The Pats are in the mess they are in now, in cap hell with no heir apparent to Brady, thanks to Bob Kraft. Belichick had Jimmy G all ready to step in  by now. But Kraft heard Tawmmy's cry and pout and made Bill trade away Jimmy for basically nothing. So the last few years Belichick was being ruled by Brady because Kraft backed Tom, not him.  So now, Belichick has a real mess not entirely his own making.  So why stick around and tarnish his legacy?

Bill could retire to a cushy TV job, or just sail his boat and get laid for the next year. Rather than put up with this crap show, compounded by the Coronavirus. So I predict Bill will announce his retirement before the draft, to stick it to Krafty Bob for siding with Tawmmy.

This was the funniest part of this post....

Honorable mention for:

ignoring that " in the last few years" NE went to 2 and won 1 SB after JG left (and that they won 3 out of 4 since JG entered the league)

and that no team, given that solid a situation at starting QB, would not have traded JG if a decent offer came along--rather just stash him on the bench for 5 years, or whenever Brady decided to leave...

and that it was widely reported that SF was recently interested in dumping JG for Brady just like that........

Edited by Mr. WEO

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There is no way Bengals are making that trade. They want Greene back.  And Dalton isn't close to being worth a 1st.

I think you missed the sarcasm in this, but no worries...

Game on Brady v. Bill B. ever week in the half time shows...if they still had...so and so...

I think they both want to prove they are the man!!!

let the games begin!

best year ever...Go bills!!!

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

nah, just the opposite, deep inside the fire still burns to prove to himself mostly that he can win without a HoF GOAT qb.

The guy stood in rain for a friggin college workout couple weeks somewhere in god forsaken east or middle tenn.

He is not going to let Brady dictate his legacy plus he has a great relationship with Kraft and unlikely to leave at this point and throw the franchise into a tizzy...do you think he is a fit for broadcasting or would find that motivating given his surliness, demeanor, personality...

If you watched the episodes of The Top 100 of 100 years show, that showed that Bill is just surly to the media in press conferences.