Bills extend Poyer, 2 year extension worth 20.5M. Contract through 2022

MAJBobby

Pleased on a number of different levels about this. Poyer is a good player, not elite, but good, and is finally being paid as such.

Sends the right message to his teammates, i.e. perform, and you will get paid.

This is the sort of thing that McDermott and Beane have been preaching, and I'm glad they are showing that they will come through, and pay the guys who do perform.

You could argue similarly for Spain, in that he signed a 1 year 'prove it' deal, and then got a decent contract after he performed, although I think we got him relatively cheaply.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

I am still trying to get used to being happy with the Bills’ off-season moves. 

Football is fun when it is done well. 

Was going to click the "Amen Brother" emoji but that is not available yet....

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Her opening her mouth I’m sure had 0 effect on the Bills and Brandon Beane extending him. I wouldn’t worry about precedent. 

There has to be a dirty joke in there somewhere but I don't want to go into the penalty box....

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

There has to be a dirty joke in there somewhere but I don't want to go into the penalty box....

Brandon beans extending had nothing to do with her mouth? ??? does that work?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:19 PM, MJS said:

One of the best signings of this Bills regime. I remember hearing of us signing him and thinking "Who?", and I was very concerned going into the season with him as a starter. But he really proved that McDermott knows what he is doing on defense and especially in the secondary.

I knew who he was, but I was underwhelmed when we signed him. Then after the first couple of preseason games he played in, I started to take notice, but still wanted to see how he looked when the games mattered.

Sure enough, he stepped up to the challenge. I'm glad he got this new contract. He and Micah Hyde have a been a great safety tandem for us, and I'm happy to see that they will still be together with us longer.

• Like (+1) 2