DJ Reader to Bengals

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......$53 MIL??........anybody checking on Mike Brown?....hope the paddles are ready...........

He's trying to show Joe he's willing to build a "winner"

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bengals finally decided to participate in FA

29 minutes ago, DFT said:

Let’s get weird!

Wow, he definitely got paid.

Time to get O'Brien on the phone...it's St. Patty's day so maybe he's feeling extra douchy.... JJ Watt and a 2nd to take his cap hit:wub:

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bengals finally decided to participate in FA

Good, with Oliver, Harry and Star I didnt want to spend this much money on another DT.  Dont get me wrong, would have liked him as a player, but the money to tie up in him didnt make sense to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They need another good starter.

Harry is coming off an ACL tear, Oliver is guna be/already is a beast and my thoughts on a Star are well known....

Need is a strong word. They'd be just fine without another starting caliber tackle, in my opinion. But yeah, it would be nice to bring in another one. Might have to look in the draft.

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Need is a strong word. They'd be just fine without another starting caliber tackle, in my opinion. But yeah, it would be nice to bring in another one. Might have to look in the draft.

Don't you think the reports of us being in on Reader indicate the FO thinks it's a need?  Not only because of my thoughts on Star,  as I think he's mediocre and definitely not what most people describe him as, but for sheer numbers as they rotate.  We get ran on up the middle, lost pass rush in Phillips and have an injured player coming into only his second year.  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They need another good starter.

Harry is coming off an ACL tear, Oliver is guna be/already is a beast and my thoughts on a Star are well known....

I agree we need another, but that much for a rotational guy would not have been a good contract for us.  Thats a contract to start and be major member of the DL.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good, with Oliver, Harry and Star I didnt want to spend this much money on another DT.  Dont get me wrong, would have liked him as a player, but the money to tie up in him didnt make sense to me.  

Maybe they think Vincent Taylor can step up this year---they didn't seem to worry about resigning Phillips.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Don't you think the reports of us being in on Reader indicate the FO thinks it's a need?  Not only because of my thoughts on Star,  as I think he's mediocre and definitely not what most people describe him as, but for sheer numbers as they rotate.  We get ran on up the middle, lost pass rush in Phillips and have an injured player coming into only his second year.  

That's a decent point, but they didn't think it was important enough to match the contract he received.

We do need numbers, but I don't think we need to break the bank to get a replacement for Phillips. I expect both Harrison and Oliver to take the next steps and Star to continue to do what he does and that would suffice, but yes, it would be nice to bring in another good player at the position.