Addison over Lawson

gjv001

25 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

It appears from contract size that money wasn't a issue, the Bills liked Addison better than Lawson. Is there something I'm missing?

Missing guaranteed money versus production.

Addison got half the guaranteed money and basically a 1-2 year deal we can get out of to pay others versus Shaq that got significantly more Guaranteed money for less production and is stuck for 3 years even if he regresses.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, TOboy said:

39 to 16.5 the last 4 seasons...

Mario is a legit edge rusher

But you do have to factor in age though.  I didn’t want to pay Shaq that though.  

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Historically , alot of pass rushing DE maintain stellar play into their mid-late 30s 

I just remember our Mario went from one of the best DEs in football to out of the league in 2 years. It was wild. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Historically , alot of pass rushing DE maintain stellar play into their mid-late 30s 

Yes... and a lot hit the wall before then...

Jerry Hughes is younger and I think he went backwards in 2019- hopefully it was injury related but guys can start slowing down around this age..

Anyway... I’m hoping for the best.. 

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes... and a lot hit the wall before then...

Jerry Hughes is younger and I think he went backwards in 2019- hopefully it was injury related but guys can start slowing down around this age..

Anyway... I’m hoping for the best.. 

Addison could regress as all players can. Worst case scenario it's not a huge guarantee or something they can't escape from. This concern is also mitigated by McBs familiarity and the players consistent high level production and lack of injury. For McB this isn't the high risk that fans are seeing.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m getting the assumption that Lawson didn’t want to stay in Buffalo and wanted to move on. Like someone on here pointed out he’s the last of the Whaley/Rex guys

Sounds to me like a very simple case of him understandably wanting to maximize pay and the Bills weren’t that offer. 

Lawson wasn't exactly a bust, but until his last year he didn't meet expectations.  Even in his last year, he was never dominant.  Seems like a good guy, and I'll wish him well, until he puts on that horrible jersey.

• Like (+1) 1