This trade is as risky as the trade for Watkins. Am I the only who feels this way?

Big Curt

20 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

The Bills have just gave up a boatload of draft picks for a WR.  I admit he is an upgrade for what we currently have, however when a GM named Doug Whaley traded picks for Sammy Watkins, he never lived down that decision. Do you remember why Whaley made the trade? it was to bolster and support a young QB named EJ Manual.  This trade was done for the current young QB Josh Allen.   I hope this works out,  if not, it will be a disaster.  If it doesn't work,  will the fans criticize Beane like they did Whaley?

(1) the team wasn't nearly as ready to win then and (2) even Watkins might have worked out fine if he hadn't developed those chronic fracture problems with his feet. Sammy had turned out to be a pretty good receiver... even with all the physical challenges.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

The Bills have just gave up a boatload of draft picks for a WR.  I admit he is an upgrade for what we currently have, however when a GM named Doug Whaley traded picks for Sammy Watkins, he never lived down that decision. Do you remember why Whaley made the trade? it was to bolster and support a young QB named EJ Manual.  This trade was done for the current young QB Josh Allen.   I hope this works out,  if not, it will be a disaster.  If it doesn't work,  will the fans criticize Beane like they did Whaley?

EJ Manual.....?

My only concern with Diggs is that he will want out or be a problem in the locker room. 

I really get the feeling he wont buy into the culture. 

In terms of talent, id rather have him than those picks any day of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Not sure why the silly comparisons. Both GM's over paid.

I'm beginning to question if Beane can close a good deal and not over pay, except when dealing with ex-Panthers.

I think our defense is in need of a 1st round pick which was dealt. Missing personnel will be replaced with ex-Panthers???

If Josh can step up he will have receivers that can get it done. We will need a TE and another RB for our offense to click.

Yeah - I mean TT to Cleveland- clearly not a good deal.

Teller & Bodine for the capital to make this trade - Beane was fleeced by NE and Cleveland.

There is just so much fail in this troll job - I don’t even know where to start.  So have fun and Buh Bye ?.

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Sammy Watkins, while an amazing talent in college, did not live up to his draft status. He was an unknown commodity.

Diggs has been doing his thing and is proven on An NFL talent level. We gave up far less to get someone known to do what we need than to take a shot (even if everyone believed he was a sure thing, nothing is for certain until he plays at that level)

Sammy’s first 2 years were pretty on par with Diggs last 2 and it was a High school offense with Tyrod throwing the ball.

i like Diggs a lot but he is more of a really good 2/ 1B type of receiver.  This deal for Hopkins is a homerun.  But like everything, it comes down to Allen.  If this helps Allen develop into a franchise qb, it’s an awesome deal.  If Allen goes the way of EJ, JP, and Trent, we will second guess all those picks.  

but it’s a fine risk for a team that has a qb on a rookie year contract.  They still need a big receiver though.

• Like (+1) 2

These two deals aren't even close in compensation. We swapped firsts and gave up a 1st the following year for Watkins and a 4th, who was unproven in the NFL at the time. Diggs is proven, we gave up far less in draft capital, and there is no NFL learning curve to go through. 

38 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Are we still clinging to this farce that we gave up a "boatload" for Diggs?

That's the first falsehood. The rest is even more nonsense 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Sure anything coukd happen.....

the trade for Watkins effectly gave up a 1st and a few 3rd day picks

this trade you gave up a 1st and third  day picks

both players have 4 years of team control.

a factor...in this draft was their certain they could get the type of WR they need at 22. Receivers drafted there rarely have an impact as a rookie outside of some one dimensional aspect of their game like a deep threat.

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

These two deals aren't even close in compensation. We swapped firsts and gave up a 1st the following year for Watkins and a 4th, who was unproven in the NFL at the time. Diggs is proven, we gave up far less in draft capital, and there is no NFL learning curve to go through. 

People seem to forget that we are picking in the 20's this year. Far different than a top 10 pick. Not even in the same realm.

• Like (+1) 2