Tom Brady to TB - 2Yrs, $50M all gtd no trade clause

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I think that oversells Bucs defense by a ton. They were in a lot of weird games where the offense would put them in terrible spots for sure, but the only measurable stat (DVOA doesn't qualify as such) they excelled at was run defense and YPA. You can't give up the 4th most points in the league and get called the 2nd best defense in my book.

Just looked it up. Winston set the NFL record last season for pick-sixes: an unbelievable seven. He also had two strip sacks returned for TDs. That is 63 points alone (!!!), and the team gave up 449 total. That doesn’t factor in effects of the other 23 picks, many of which put the opponent in excellent scoring position.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's seen it all for 2 decades.  It's ridiculous to suggest he couldn't learn a different system.  He has seen every variation of every system.  

Look, I agree that he could learn a different system with few problems, but that has nothing to do with sitting on the sidelines and watching the opposing team's offense for 2 decades.  

I mean, how much of that time do you think he's sitting there studying the opposing team's offense and NOT the opposing team's defense?  

As I said, I agree with you but your supporting argument is ridiculous.  

Edited by Capco

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

... Well who else is in Tampa? They don’t have a RB their O line is suspect at best and their defense is shaky as well. Technically Evans, Godwin and Howard are their main weapons. Plus he’s not playing in the Belichick system anymore. He’s gonna get exposed

Ariens might be the preeminent QB whisperer in the NFL. while Brady might be in decline, he is going to do no worse than he did last year.

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

A ridiculous number of winston pick sixes (And near-pick sixes that placed the opponent in the red zone) added to that total. It totally skews the points allowed number.

So does the 21 dropped interceptions he reportedly had. Could have been much worse. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Ariens might be the preeminent QB whisperer in the NFL. while Brady might be in decline, he is going to do no worse than he did last year.

I’m not so sure about that my friend. My eyes saw a significant decline in Tom Brady last season....in a system that relies on short, timing patterns. Arians system seems to like to push the ball down field.

I think Brady is done and Arians will also be gone after this gigantic blunder of bringing in a QB that is going to be in his mid 40’s.

I would like to add that I could see Brady taking the night to think things over and then retiring tomorrow.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not so sure about that my friend. My eyes saw a significant decline in Tom Brady last season....in a system that relies on short, timing patterns. Arians system seems to like to push the ball down field.

I think Brady is done and Arians will also be gone after this gigantic blunder of bringing in a QB that is going to be in his mid 40’s.

i agree, Brady's play dropped significantly. he saw more ghosts than ever before.

should make for an interesting year, Beast. let's hope it gets to play out.

• Like (+1) 1

The reactions on the Pats boards really makes you realize how different their reality has been than ours.  Some of the younger fans think winning is just the way, regardless, and are wondering who the next QB to lead them to Superbowls will be.

Some of the other fans wrote that they're actually crying. Which is kind of fun to read.

BB gone in the next few years, and that team will be in our rearview for awhile.

• Awesome! (+1) 1