Tom Brady to TB - 2Yrs, $50M all gtd no trade clause

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

then as much as I like T. Lawrence, I hope he sucks.  

But I see Pats** winning just enough to not get the #1 pick.  

Wonder if Edleman retires before the season.  

Depends who their QB is going to be. If Belichick ends up signing Dalton, Or some  cheap no name then I can see more than just Edelman retiring or wanting off the team

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

"All he has is Evans, Godwin and OJ Howard"....lol

Anyway....sure, it's possible that there is an offensive scheme that Brady, after playing 20 years mostly with pickup ballplayers on Offense and having beaten every iteration of every other team's offensive schemes over the decades, will simply not be able to "learn"..

And sure,  maybe Bruce Arians has no idea what he's getting in Brady and that he will not be able to "figure out how" "to develop" Brady.

LOL, good stuff.  Totally convincing.

Well who else is in Tampa? They don’t have a RB their O line is suspect at best and their defense is shaky as well. Technically Evans, Godwin and Howard are their main weapons. Plus he’s not playing in the Belichick system anymore. He’s gonna get exposed

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anyway....sure, it's possible that there is an offensive scheme that Brady, after playing 20 years mostly with pickup ballplayers on Offense and having beaten every iteration of every other team's offensive schemes over the decades, will simply not be able to "learn"..

Huh?  Brady doesn't beat the opposing offense.  He plays against the opposing defense.  

His job has nothing to do with opposing offensive schemes.  This comment makes no sense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I guess we were watching different games then, cause the games I watched their o line was shaky and didn’t do a good job protecting Winston which caused him to throw the ball in the other direction over 30 times last year and also the fact that their o line couldn’t open any holes for their RBs to run through. This years Tampa Bay team reminds me of the 2002 Bills, all hype and no success. There’s a reason Belichick let Brady go the same way he let Bledsoe go. That’s still New Orleans division also the Falcons he’ll have to compete against as well

I'm not saying the Bucs are going to be great by any means, but there's definitely a lot of talent there. The reason Winston was under duress was because Arians' offense takes a long time for plays to develop. Depending on whose opinion you value, they ranged anywhere from like 7th-17th best pass blocking team in the league last year and it should be better this upcoming season assuming they actually take one of the tackles. Basically every position group on the team played well last year with the exception of the RBs, K, safeties and the extremely uneven play of Jameis.

I think the major question if Brady signs there is how smooth the transition is offensively. It's not a guarantee that it all clicks into place just because he'd have great pieces around him; those pieces were playing a likely very different style than what will be required with Brady. The other major question is how much of the defensive play was a fluke or not.

Edited by DCOrange

35 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This is based on Cowherd that i have in the other thread - sketchy unnamed source. Seems to be a toss up. Jeff Darlington is not expecting a decision today, but this week - he has been on top of most of the TB12  stuff

The source is unnamed for a reason and most definitely not sketchy.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

They had the number two defense in the league last year by the DVOA metric, and they are loaded at receiver. Brady is a huge upgrade, and Arians is a good coach. They could be very good next year.

Probably the best landing spot for Brady.   I hope he fails ,but, this is his best opportunity for success.  Chargers would be a bad choice for Brady and for the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The source is unnamed for a reason and most definitely not sketchy.

Cowherds source was a celebrity and that is what your OP was based on! It says it right in the description!

Edited by Reed83HOF

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He may have said that, but it wasn’t 

what does this even mean? Cowherds source is an unnamed celebrity = sketchy, just like Okung saying he is going to the Chargers, at least Okung would put his name to it!

image.thumb.png.1719e90df8bd52c1b7114fc8f294e7e0.png

Edited by Reed83HOF