Tom Brady to TB - 2Yrs, $50M all gtd no trade clause

With Tom Brady on board, Buccaneers raise ticket prices

Posted by Mike Florio on March 19, 2020, 12:25 PM EDT

Supply. Demand.

An exercise in economics has played out in Tampa Bay, where the Buccaneers have wisely adjusted the price point for tickets to see the team play, given the arrival of the greatest quarterback in league history.

According to Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com, the Buccaneers have bumped the price of all non-club seats at Raymond James Stadium by 15 percent.

For season tickets, the increase ranges from $135 to $255 each, based on 10 home games for the regular season and preseason.

Few are complaining, and for good reason. The Buccaneers have struggled to contend in the 18 years since winning their only Super Bowl. While Brady may not guarantee a February parade, from September through December the cannons will be firing and butts will be in red seats that often are conspicuously empty.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, NickelCity said:

I think he'll get all sorts of special treatment. 

he will benefit from some very questionable calls personally still (like phantom RTP / no Intentional Grounding, for instance), but I dunno if Tampa Bay as a whole will be given special treatment just because Brady is their QB.

I've been waiting since 2008 for him to either retire or leave the AFC....the day finally came...The Bills are no longer facing Tom Brady twice a year....It's probably a bit tone deaf with what is happening in the world right now, but I'm opening the Champagne today !! See you Tom, go haunt the NFC for a bit....

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Big C said:

Does Brady really have 2 more years of football in him?

Exactly... putting all the Tampa Bay excitement aside for a minute... the Bucs do understand that they're not getting the 2010 Tom Brady right?  Today, he's 10 times more famous than he was then... but roughly 50% of the player, I'd say.

• 2 weeks later...