Tom Brady to TB - 2Yrs, $50M all gtd no trade clause

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

oh please be the Chargers.  hahahaha.  have fun w/ that O-line.  My guess is he sees the WR's there and is drooling.  He's going to get crushed behind that line.  Unless the officials let that O-line hold like the Pats***

Over the past 5 seasons, one team, by far, has the fewest holding calls against their O:  Carolina.  Other than last year, NE is in the middle or higher in the number called.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

who says he doesn't go to the bucs?

Rivers?  It's reported that it's a done deal in Indy.

39 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Brissett back to NE when they sign Rivers?

This is my guess. Bring him in as competition for Stidham (who they reportedly want to win the job). Brissett knows the NEvsystem already, is good enough that he can start but no so good that he will keep stidham off the field if/when he’s ready.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Over the past 5 seasons, one team, by far, has the fewest holding calls against their O:  Carolina.  Other than last year, NE is in the middle or higher in the number called.

Rivers?  It's reported that it's a done deal in Indy.

Haven't seen that yet, dumb on their part. Rivers throws wild passes under pressure, anti clutch.

Rivers is a better fit in Bruce's deep ball offense.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am as close to 100% confident as I possibly can be that they will not tank.

#1) that defense is too good to allow it

#2) no freaking way Belichick wants to only win 1-2 games the season after Brady leaves, so everyone is saying “see, the dynasty WAS Brady! Told you!”.

and #3) Belichick is just way too driven to win to ever tank IMO. He seems totally consumed by trying to win championships.

Personally, I think he wants to prove that he doesn’t need an elite QB to win Super Bowls. I think he wants to prove that it’s his coaching/system/method. The “patriot way” that wins Super Bowls.

I hope you are right. I actually think that they will try and trade away for as many 2021 picks as possible in the upcoming draft. Number they always seem to try and do that no matter what the next years draft looks like but two they might want at least two additional premium draft choices if they do decide to go for a big time draft piece. 

BUT I wouldn't put it past Billy B to punt a season away and trade away some key players for draft picks. If they could get a 1st plus other picks for Gilmore I wouldn't put it past them. However in the end I think you are right in that they will attempt to be competitive on some level. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Haven't seen that yet, dumb on their part. Rivers throws wild passes under pressure, anti clutch.

Rivers is a better fit in Bruce's deep ball offense.

There's a whole thread on it: 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Championship in Tampa Bay.  No, really, they'll host a SB at some point, but don't think they'll be playing in it.  

They had the number two defense in the league last year by the DVOA metric, and they are loaded at receiver. Brady is a huge upgrade, and Arians is a good coach. They could be very good next year.

• Like (+1) 10

Just now, dave mcbride said:

They had the number two defense in the league last year by the DVOA metric, and they are loaded at receiver. Brady is a huge upgrade, and Arians is a good coach. They could be very good next year.

Maybe they will finally use OJ Howard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1