The Ringer article on the Diggs/Josh Allen relationship

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Meh.   Another national writer unfamiliar with the Bills...

Seriously! This is a writer who has not watched a Bills game in the past two years. The only fact they got right was the deep ball accuracy.

***Not a Josh truther........if he's not the real deal, Mr. Beane will be dealing him pronto after year 3. Trust the Beane!***

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Meh.   Another national writer unfamiliar with the Bills...

I thought the article was pretty spot on. Maybe the "broad side of a barn" comment was a bit harsh, but over all it seemed to nail it. This year is make or break for JA, no excuses.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Here is what is SO stupid about this article.  

1. Saying Allen cant hit the broadside of a barn is utterly a fireable offense for a writer proving he literally has zero intellect on said subject.  Allen completed nearly 60% while:
    1. Bills led the NFL in dropped passes.
    2. His starting WRs consisted of guys made up of Zay Jones, McKenzie, Foster and Duke Williams
    3. His starting trio of WRs for the longest stretch averaged 5'10" in height
    4. And his deep ball was off through first half the season
  2. He is grossly overlooking the IMPROVEMENT Josh made on the deep ball later in the season and in all other aspects of his passing game through the season.
    1. His WR group got better when we got dead weight off the field
    2. It takes time to build rapport with receivers, and as the season went on he started connecting with Brown deep and made some big plays
  3. Cousins only completed 6 more deep balls than Josh on similar attempts despite all those factors and not having a tandem of Thelien and Diggs to play with for 2 seasons.

At the end of the day, if you take the Josh down the stretch and project his connection rate over a whole season...he would protect better at the deep ball than Cousins and with lesser weapons none the less.  

We all know that means nothing until Josh does for a whole season, but the point is, Josh after starting abysmal at the deep ball both looked better at it as a rookie and down the stretch of his second season.  He had a bad start to it in 2019, but also that was when he had to throw a bunch to a scrub like Zay too and was still figuring out his timing with Brown.  If he doesnt struggle during that stretch, Josh would have also been above 60% completion.

So again...this writer is a moron and knows nothing about Josh Allen and just regurgitating out dated and false perceptions.  

Does Josh need to keep improving on the deep ball...absolutely.  Does he need to keep improving in other areas...absolutely.  But he is no where near the stupid statements this author wrote and made a lot of big strides in all these areas last year, especially down the stretch.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The author also fails to take into account what a blithering idiot Bill O'Brien is. You can't logically compare the trade of Hopkins to any other because it absolutely defied all logic whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I couldn't make it past "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" comment.  We all know this...but it's still shocking that people just write articles about teams they know NOTHING about.  F 'em.  They'll get on the bandwagon soon enough.

Twitter is absolutely vile on Josh Allen right now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Twitter is absolutely vile on Josh Allen right now.

Which I guess we should all expect considering nobody likes to research things anymore.  The narrative on Josh Allen has always been "raw", "inaccurate", etc.  So dopes that hear that never get off that train.  They just run with it.  Even though it's expected it's still annoying.  The way of the world these days I guess.

Edit:  I made the mistake of checking out Twitter and man the main narrative seems to be GIFs or memes regarding "when Josh Allen overthrows Stefon Diggs by 5 yards".  I chalk this up to sour grapes to be honest.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Seriously! This is a writer who has not watched a Bills game in the past two years. The only fact they got right was the deep ball accuracy.

***Not a Josh truther........if he's not the real deal, Mr. Beane will be dealing him pronto after year 3. Trust the Beane!***

Well that was a major point of the article: Diggs is most effective taking the top off the D and Allen is one of the least effective QBs at hitting a guy taking the top off.

I don't understand the criticism of the article.  All pretty obvious stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well that was a major point of the article: Diggs is most effective taking the top off the D and Allen is one of the least effective QBs at hitting a guy taking the top off.

I don't understand the criticism of the article.  All pretty obvious stuff.

How will Stidham do?