R Quinn to the Bears 5yrs $70M, Former 1st L. Floyd Cut (poss Murphy replacement)

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think McDermott likes Murphy more than a lot on this board.

Because he’s Irish?  Murphy sucks for what he gets paid.  He is the definition of replaceable.  I’d rather take my chances with a younger guy in Floyd progressing in Buffalo than Murphy, who has already hit his ceiling which is average.

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yuck.  I wanted Quinn...but no thanks on that contract.  Bears are just puzzling some times

And this was a GM that people loved 2 years ago.  That’s why you wait on extensions. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he’s Irish?  Murphy sucks for what he gets paid.  He is the definition of replaceable.  I’d rather take my chances with a younger guy in Floyd progressing in Buffalo than Murphy, who has already hit his ceiling which is average.

And this was a GM that people loved 2 years ago.  That’s why you wait on extensions. 

I didnt love him two years ago.  I thought he was a fool ever since the Mitch trade.  Paid a lot to make a move he didnt need to make.  SF was never taking Mitch, everyone knew that.  And if someone else overpaid to get Mitch by trading with SF, so be it...you keep those 3 picks and take Watson at 3, who some had as the best QB anyway in that draft.  Mahomes was not considered for the top 5, so wont count him as an option for Bears at 3 even though he's the best one obviously.  

Many Bears fans I knew were pretty upset with him too about that trade.  The Mack trade was insane too.  Raiders fleeced them, hated it from the moment they did it.  You don't make that kind of trade when your QB had not looked good up to that point.  You might need those assets to try again at QB.  Mack has done nothing for them, all that money, all those picks...but unless your team is ready for the next step, he isn't going to change the fortunes of the team.  

I have not been a fan of most of his big moves at all.  Thought he did a decent job getting some weapons at WR, not great, but an upgrade.  But even dumping a young RB that had been good for them and gave them a potent run game in Howard was not wise.  Replaced him with a lesser version of him too in Montgomery.  

Beane on the other hand has done a sensational job at both managing our cap situation for now and looking forward while also building and stacking talent.  Beane is light years better than Pace IMO and I would love to see us lock Beane up long term soon to insure he stays.  Although, I am not that worried of him leaving to be honest, he does seem to genuinely love being here in Buffalo and we seem like a perfect fit for him and also seems to gel great with McD.  So I wouldn't imagine he would think about leaving for a bigger offer before he finished what he started here anyway.  

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm sure what he's done on the field kept him there.  He lead our defensive line in snap counts.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Murphy doesn't need to be crossed out.