Odd WR out??

BmarvB

33 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If Williams can step up, he has a great chance of sticking as WR4.  Given his size, he gives the position a different dimension than the other WR’s on the roster.  

He was amazing in that playoff game. Tough contested catches. If he got that td at the end of the 1st half....

47 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Now that the Bills have Diggs, Which WR is going to be out, Foster? McKenzie? Roberts? Williams? Who?

McKensie is out.  Didn't pick up his option.  He took some development steps and would be a good pickup for some team short on WR talent.

I think Williams and Foster compete in camp with whichever WR we draft.  Williams will get a chance to show he improved this off-season, as will Foster.  Roberts is probably a lock due to ST.

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Still would be very open with the Bills selecting another WR in the 2nd round with the draft being deep. Outside of RB, all remaining picks should be BPA as for once this is a complete competitive roster!

The 2nd round pick should be BPA. It may still be a WR but there are some edge guys that fit in that area as well.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The 2nd round pick should be BPA. It may still be a WR but there are some edge guys that fit in that area as well.

It’s going to be a fun draft to watch. Outside of a power RB, the overall roster is pretty solid. 

Not sure in the past 20 years I’ve ever been able to make that statement!

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I'd say we're set at this point with:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Duke

Foster

Roberts

If we go WR in the 2nd or 3rd, Foster is in for a battle.  If that WR happens to be Shenault, then Roberts could be the odd man out.

I am still hoping for WR Claypool in the 3rd round to really solve the problem (injuries, special teams, etc.) 

We probably keep 6 guys.  

Stefon Diggs, John Brown and Cole Beasley are all locks.  

With the ridiculous depth in this draft, I fully expect the Bills to draft another WR in the first 4 rounds (and I expect them to make the active roster). 

The skill-set of that receiver will likely determine which of the other guys is expendable.

- Duke Williams is still our only bid-bodied WR.  If we draft a big guy, he's in trouble.

- Andre Roberts is still our only returning.  If we draft a guy capable of handling KR/PR duties, he could be in trouble.

- Robert Foster is likely our default gadget-guy to replace Isaiah McKenzie.  But I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie is brought back on a lower salary.

this is a remake like the O-line last year.  Hopefully get another WR (rookie) that can contirubte in case of injury and hit his stride next year (WR's generally take 2-3 years to be fully impactful).  

BPA in the 2nd round could be anything at this point.  And I'd be fine with that.  If it's a QB, my guess is we trade back and gather even more picks.  Anything else, I think we take.  Hoping for OT, because besides QB, that appears to be the best position to have someone on a rookie contract in terms of cap space.  

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If Williams can step up, he has a great chance of sticking as WR4.  Given his size, he gives the position a different dimension than the other WR’s on the roster.  

Which is why I hope we can manage to get Claypool. He's big, has good hands, runs better routes and is faster. Get him and drop the Duke experiment. 

I'm really confused with Duke's status with the Bills.  He was a healthy scratch during 90% of the season and then during the most important game of the season, the playoff game with the Texans , he was one of JA's main targets. To me something about this doesn't make sense.  Maybe, somebody can enlighten me.

The way I see it, we have Diggs, Brown & Beasley as the locks.

After that there are 3 spots open.

Foster, Williams & Roberts from last season's active roster. Ray-Ray McCloud & Nick Easley from last season's practice squad.

All of these players can be replaced, although Roberts has an advantage as a KR.

I think the Bills should draft 2 more WR's because, why not?!

This is a talented class of receivers and the Bills could use all the help they can get.

Draft another receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round, then another receiver on day 3. What can it hurt?

Brown & Beasley are 30 and are signed for only 2 more seasons. The Bills should be looking for potential replacements for them.

We have 7 picks in the draft and we can afford to get 2 more WR's and still get help at DE, CB & OT.