Deep dive into what makes Stefon Diggs so good (Article from 2018)

52 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Why was Diggs unhappy in Minnesota?

Pass volume is really the only thing holding Diggs back from a 100/1400/12 type season. With a 17 game season I could easily see Diggs hitting those numbers if he gets his targets and stays healthy. I would rather have Diggs over just about anyone and definitely over Cooper. 

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

10th best

I can't name 6 better.  I like him over OBJ for example but I understand if u feel different. I get Hopkins , Thomas , Julio , Evans/Godwin and I struggle to name a WR I'd take over him.

His highlights are Jaw dropping.  The degree of difficulty on MOST these catches is unbelievable.. Exactly what we were missing on this offense

Highest rated WR , making contested catches. 

???????????

47 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Probably fair. As far as guys that are clearly ahead of him, I’ve got:

Thomas

Nuk

Green

OBJ

Hill

Adams

Evans

Julio

So somewhere in the 8-12 range

I might sub Green out and Courtland Sutton in. But our disagreement on how much Green might or might not have left has been played out previously when the Bills were rumoured in for him. 

Otherwise I am in absolute agreement. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he isn't a top 5 overall receiver and he isn't in that little elite group. As for his yardage - you have to remember he splits targets with Theilen and that affects the numbers. 

He is a top 5 route runner though. At that particular skill he is elite. I have him in the second group in the league after the 5 or 6 elite guys somewhere in that 8-12 range. 

Yep.  But considering each team routinely rolls out 3 WR's being top 10ish is damn good; and that's with him splitting so many targets.  He has the talent to be in that top group if Josh hits him consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, bbb said:

It seems to me that he hasn't been to any Pro Bowls, much less All Pro.  Where would you rank him in the league?  

In the top tier with Kupp and Thielen

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And aside from his play I have a proper man crush on him. Jordan Poyer has a rival for my affections ?

See, doesn't it feel good to explore your feelings?!?!:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, bbb said:

It seems to me that he hasn't been to any Pro Bowls, much less All Pro.  Where would you rank him in the league?  

I've heard say he is a top 5 WR in the NFL & that's all good but every time i here talk of him there is always the comment of the drama that he caused while with the Vikings & man i hope he leaves that ***** in Minnesota !

I don't care how good you are drama need not be in your game TO had the "look at me" thing going on in full blown mode but he always did it in a more playful for lack of a better term way & it was usually after he made a big play the only thing i can remember him doing really disrespectful is to stand on the star in Dallas, which i hate to Boys so that didn't really matter to me !

I just got a feeling that Diggs is going to be more of a AB type & i hope i'm wrong but i can see him wanting more money to go along with a Amari Cooper type contract soon & if Beane & company don't comply i think there will be hell to pay just seeing his ego .

Then there is the fact of what if Josh has some more growing pains as far as his accuracy will this guy go off & call him out in the public i think he will but only time will tell with the Vikings cousins threw with some anticipation of Diggs getting open & i haven't seen that in Josh as much so that could be a problem with Diggs as i said earlier i sure hope not !! 

• Like (+1) 1