Current State of the Patsies

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

The one where the communication never cuts out pre-snap?

XFL-style.

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

As long as coach Belichek is there, they will always be a favored destination.  The question is who is going to play QB.   Andy Dalton?   Will th Patriots swing a trade for Josh Rosen and give him a chance.  He would be perfectly suited for that offense.  But they don't have an OL.

The Cult of Patriots dies hard. They are like the Pius XIII fanatics on The New Pope.

53 minutes ago, ganesh said:

As long as coach Belichek is there, they will always be a favored destination.  The question is who is going to play QB.   Andy Dalton?   Will th Patriots swing a trade for Josh Rosen and give him a chance.  He would be perfectly suited for that offense.  But they don't have an OL.

Incorrect.  As long as the Pats are Super Bowl contenders they will be a favored destination.  No one actually likes Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

Considering Belichick is turning 68 this April, how much longer does he coach?  Without his star QB, I'm betting he only lasts a couple more seasons himself.

He strikes me as the type that wouldn't know what to do with himself once he turns out the office lights for the last time so will keep coming back for more--of course, I thought the same thing about my workaholic dad, and he's actually taken to retirement much easier than I ever expected.   

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He strikes me as the type that wouldn't know what to do with himself once he turns out the office lights for the last time so will keep coming back for more--of course, I thought the same thing about my workaholic dad, and he's actually taken to retirement much easier than I ever expected.   

I understand that BB like to go fishing.

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Hopefully not even that, now that Dante Scarnecchia's retired for the 2nd or 3rd time. 

I think they have good players up front. They had horrible injuries on the line last year but I like Wynn, Thuney can play, Andrews should be back, Mason is a stud and Cannon is serviceable. Their issue is keeping them all healthy I think. 

Not that I am doubting Scarnecchia's impact. He was a great coach. But Wynn, Thuney and Mason were all guys I liked coming out of college. They are good players. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Miami made some moves. 

But to me, the Dolphins always seem like a collection of players, rather than a cohesive team--which is what McBeane have built here in Buffalo.    I don't expect that to change this year, even with the new additions...

Flores seems solid.

• Like (+1) 1

They have $9-10M of cap space but a lot of picks. Analysts are assuming Dalton, he has 5 years left on a $83M contract...Brissett on 2nd year of a $30M contract...$21M cap hit if they trade or release him. Not sure what their plan is but picks aren't going to help their cap X!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I just don't want NE**  to tank in 2020 to get a blue chip QB in the 2021 draft.

I dont think BB even wants a blue-chipper at QB, because that wont end the debate about who was the force behind the success.

BB wants to find another diamond in the rough.

I'll celebrate the Pats' demise as soon as we take the division from them, and not a second sooner.  Beating them head-to-head once or twice would be good, too. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know. I like Flores. He has a lot of McDermott about him. I don't think they will be a threat for the division this year Miami but I do think they are trending the right way and I don't think they will look like a collection of individuals any longer. They didn't last year. They looked like a team, a real team, just a horribly undertalented one. 

I think they will be highly competitive this year and will be much better than the Jests.  It will be interesting to see what they do at QB.