Jordan Phillips signs with Arizona

junior

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Good signing for them. They have the money, the need, and the available playing time for him to try and shine. And thank goodness he’s not in the afc East I would hate to see him hyped twice a year to play us

We play Arizona this year.

With Star, H Phillips and Oliver they need a 4th DT to play 30-40% of the plays. That's where you get a player like Cory Liuget for a lower price, a $1.5-2 million guy. And whoever you get will have a particular strength (vs. run or pass) and you strategically play them in the situations to take advantage of their strengths.

I think they did that with Jordan Phillips and maximized his results and that led to both good productivity on the field and salary requirements that made it wrong to keep him, because now he's being paid to be an above average all around contributor and he will not do that in AZ (as many have pointed out he is not good vs. the run). 

This is an example of good cap management.

• Like (+1) 1

Happy for Phillips but I don't even know that i'd offer close to that if i'm Buffalo.  He may be worth it for some other teams, but not when we have Oliver and Harry as young DT's in need of playing time.

Maybe should have kept him especially when you look at the chemistry he and Oliver developed.

Addison is in decline and Klein has peeked into a solid mediocre player.

Reader can offset the loss. Though Beane tends to lean toward ex-panthers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marshallp29 said:

Jordan Phillips is the perfect example of what Sean Mcdermott echoed at the combine, "come to buffalo to be the best version of yourself". Phillips went from being a bust/cancer in locker room arguing with the head coach in Miami to being a better teammate, more productive player in Buffalo which in turn got him this new contract!

He tweeted his way out of Buffalo. 

3 minutes ago, DrDare said:

oh no!

would rather have Phillips than Adilson

also its not a good message to the team to not retain anyone

All around bad news

Jordan Phillips: 9.5 sacks and 8 missed tackles on 543 snaps (20.5% missed tackle rate)

Mario Addison: 9.5 sacks and 1 missed tackle on 729 snaps (2.8% missed tackle rate)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1