Bills sign LB Tyler Matakevich on a 2 year deal $9m

MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Was a very good college linebacker.  A bit limited athletically, but will provide depth at ILB and help the special teams.

Me too. He was a baller in college.  I haven’t followed him too closely in the pros but I Like it

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That's big money for just a STer. 

McDs defense has a rotation of about 13-14 guys in the box.... 8 DL, 5-6 LBs.... Mata will see time on Defense, he may only average 7 downs a game but he will play. Solid depth.

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why are they wasting capital on guys they could get as undrafted free agents,  terrible signing .

It's painfully obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe take a break from the Bills for awhile? You can't handle free agency.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Our special teams coverage has been suspect at best the last couple of years.

Adding someone considered a "Special Teams Ace"  that leads the league in ST tackles over the last 4 years does NOT hurt this team.

I'm pretty sure Beane has a good grasp on his cap situation. Addressing needs is good +1

• Like (+1) 4

Yeah, he was a Matt Rhule single digit leader for Temple. All American, solid fundamentally and totally a McD guy. He isnt really built for a full time pro starter, but he was an exciting college player to watch. He's a thumper and likes to hit hard. 

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

We’re trying to replace 1 guy who played like 5 positions. Klein is the LB replacement, this guy must be the STer. 

Bills had a lot of jobs to fill when Zo retired.  Klein also played ST in New Orleans.  Both Klein and Tyler are upgrades to the LB room and will improve ST.  Got both at a reasonable cost.  Beane keeps doing good work.

• Like (+1) 5