Bills sign LB Tyler Matakevich on a 2 year deal $9m

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Is it me, or do the Bills possess too many of these STer types that don't offer much from scrimmage?

Tyler is the reason I believe DiMarco doesn't make the cut this year.  If there is another good ST young player Taiwan Jones might not make the 

cut either.  Roster spots are at a premium on this new Bills team!

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is it me, or do the Bills possess too many of these STer types that don't offer much from scrimmage?

More like the roster is so stacked that some of these guys BETTER be able to play special teams

Edmonds, Milano, Klein are the undisputed starters

Behind hem you have guys like Braveheart here, Dodson, and Joseph.....all guys that can play special teams

and keep in mind that we dont even play 3 LB's in this defense every down anyway

• Like (+1) 2

Shoot! I think Tyler is going to be a fan favorite. 

Nobody likes to talk about special teams but it is a significant part of the game. It can be the difference between a Win or a Loss in a close game. Looking ahead to our schedule, it’s important that our special teams unit is an upgrade from last year.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

More like the roster is so stacked that some of these guys BETTER be able to play special teams

Edmonds, Milano, Klein are the undisputed starters

Behind hem you have guys like Braveheart here, Dodson, and Joseph.....all guys that can play special teams

and keep in mind that we dont even play 3 LB's in this defense every down anyway

Klein can play special teams too.  

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Tyler is the reason I believe DiMarco doesn't make the cut this year.  If there is another good ST young player Taiwan Jones might not make the 

cut either.  Roster spots are at a premium on this new Bills team!

Id personally like to see that rookie make it over dimarco.  4 blocked kicks?!  Dimarcos not even good at his actual position anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, Bufflow4 said:

Shoot! I think Tyler is going to be a fan favorite. 

Nobody likes to talk about special teams but it is a significant part of the game. It can be the difference between a Win or a Loss in a close game. Looking ahead to our schedule, it’s important that our special teams unit is an upgrade from last year.

McBeane's attention to detail on this roster is something many other regimes have failed to do. The Special teams last year was decent. Roberts solidified the return game and the coverage unit was average. But McBeane didn't settle for having a "good enough" ST unit. They went out and got Tyler Matakevich and T Jones to solidify the coverage units while also drafting a kicker to compete with Haush and signing a punter to compete with Bojo. 

Matakevich and Jones should easily improve the coverage units. Hopefully Bass outcompetes Hasuh and give the kicking game increased range (or Haush gets it into gear with some competition.) My only concern in the punting. Bojo is a below average punter and the punter they brought in (Vedvick) to compete is meh. I think between Haush and Bass they will find at least a decent kicker but I don't have the same confidence in the punter situation. I think the one last tweak to the roster I would like to see is them brining in a punter to the mix. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1