Coronavirus shortened off-season. Beane's master plan.

Hebert19

So with the issues the world is dealing with when it comes to coronavirus I'm guessing we will see a compressed offseason in the NFL.  If that happens who will have the advantage?  Rookies?  No.  Teams that add a bunch of players who aren't familiar with their system?  No.  

So what do we do.  

Sign Spain = continuity of offensive line

Diggs = proven and wont need as much time as a rookie to ramp.  

Norman = knows system.  Ramps fast. 

Klein = knows system ramps fast. 

Addison = knows system ramps fast.  

Not sure if this was his intention but its genius regardless.   We will hit the season running.  Go Bill's!

• Like (+1) 3

As a 50-year Bills fan, I keep thinking:    "We finally have a great foundation, Brady's gone, the team is going to take that next step and go deep into the playoffs...and then some new virus will appear, causing the Super Bowl to be canceled."

How Billsy would that be...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree it’s about making a jump this year due to the shortened offseason. This has been a stark reversal from the strategy of the last two years. Beane has—in the past—placed a premium on draft picks and building through the draft, and has said as much in interviews. 

if reports of our national return to status quo in July/August are true, that means no rookie OTA’s, no team OTA’s; all rookies and FA’s will get is training camps and preseason. 

Edited by Aaronthebaron
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I agree it’s about making a jump this year due to the shortened offseason. This has been a stark reversal from the strategy of the last two years. Beane has—in the past—placed a premium on draft picks and building through the draft, and has said as much in interviews. 

if reports of our national return to status quo in July/August are true, that means no rookie OTA’s, no team OTA’s; all rookies and FA’s will get is training camps and preseason. 

Exactly so rookies wont make as much of an impact.  So diggs makes a ton of sense in win now mentality.