Breaking news!!! Brady will not return to New England

MAJBobby

After 6 Superbowls, you wonder what is left to play for. This will be fascinating to watch. I get that BB and Kraft want NE to have the most hardware in league history and that one more puts them over the Steelers. 

As for Brady, he obviously wants to win outside of the Pats umbrella to prove that he wasn't just a cog in a wheel. Still you wonder if he can go into a strange locker room and bring success. I've never thought of Brady as special athletically but I do think he has the qualities of a great leader. What coach will have the nerve to coach him?

The tell for me is that no one who has left the Patriots (coach or player) has really succeeded. Maybe Vrabel as coach but the jury is still out. Still, comparing the departures of Vince Woolfork, Richard Seymour, Nate Solder and Chandler Jones to Tom Brady is apples and oranges. I have always felt that the Patriots success was more about BB than TB. I will enjoy watching it unfold.

42 minutes ago, gotme365 said:

I’m worried About the Pats tanking for Lawrence 

Thats my biggest concern, the team that tanks for Lawrence will have a short trip to the basement followed by a long time in the penthouse. The kid is a generational talent that should be do quite well for a long time as long as the team who gets him builds a line around him. He can make guys around him look good.

Just now, Guffalo said:

Thats my biggest concern, the team that tanks for Lawrence will have a short trip to the basement followed by a long time in the penthouse. The kid is a generational talent that should be do quite well for a long time as long as the team who gets him builds a line around him. He can make guys around him look good.

BB aint tanking..its not about players for him, its about being smarter than the next guy

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Unless the Bills get serious and sign a couple of play making free agents than anyone could win division, remember the Bills had trouble beating the winning teams last season.

did you see the news that the Bills just acquired Stef Diggs?  Is he a playmaker or no?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, evek said:

Their dynasty is finished but someone like Dalton is not an immediate downgrade over a 43 year old Brady. Did everyone forget how bad this guy sucked last year? If Brady was still good Belichick would have paid him. If they DO suck massively next year then that puts them in the running to draft Trevor Lawrence which is...yea... Everyone knows what Belichick is all about. He is absolutely the kind of guy who is sleazy enough to throw the season to get a franchise QB. If he plans to keep coaching he absolutely isn't going to want to do it with Andy Dalton as his guy. McDaniels would do the same thing. I'm rooting for them to suck but not so much that it ends up giving them another potential dynasty.

Their dynasty is not finished, per your first couple of sentences. There are a lot of qb's that can perform at 2019 Brady levels. As long as Billy is in NE they will be contenders for the division. They have proven that over the years many qb's can run their system with success and I couldn't see Billy intentionally sucking for draft picks, ever. It will still be enough of a challenge that beating them will feel great.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Freakin Rex was just on Greeny's show, bragging about how he shut out the Pats without Brady. Why is that doofus on TV?

Why on Earth are you watching that garbage called ESPN?

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Their dynasty is not finished, per your first couple of sentences. There are a lot of qb's that can perform at 2019 Brady levels. As long as Billy is in NE they will be contenders for the division. They have proven that over the years many qb's can run their system with success and I couldn't see Billy intentionally sucking for draft picks, ever. It will still be enough of a challenge that beating them will feel great.

As long as Goodell is commissioner and they can cheat without consequence.