Houston fan's reaction to the Nuk trade...

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/hopkins-traded-to-cardinals.115052/

If I were Bill O'Brien, I wouldn't go to the grocery store in Houston any time soon.  ?   For those of you still stinging from the playoff loss to Houston last season, please bathe in the tears of Texans' Nation and be rejuvenated....  

scha·den·freu·de
/ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
  1. pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
    "a business that thrives on schadenfreude"

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Managed to look at about 7 pages of that thread, and didn't see anyone call it a decent deal. No surprise, as it wasn't, but even guys who thought they could see why it happened, simply couldn't defend the compensation, at all.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe we made a run for Hopkins. I also feel our offer was better than what he got from Arizona. But O'Brien didn't want to see Hopkins in a Bills uniform lining up against him in next years playoff round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I believe we made a run for Hopkins. I also feel our offer was better than what he got from Arizona. But O'Brien didn't want to see Hopkins in a Bills uniform lining up against him in next years playoff round.

That's ok, he'll get to see Diggs instead. 

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

That assumes the Texans even get a sniff of the playoffs.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That assumes the Texans even get a sniff of the playoffs.

I can’t see any way they sneak in the playoffs now. Watson will have to play out of his mind all season. They just got rid of his safety net 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t see any way they sneak in the playoffs now. Watson will have to play out of his mind all season. They just got rid of his safety net 

I don't think their division is particularly strong.  Tennessee went on a run last year but the second you bottle up henry that offense isn't that good.  The colts are mediocre, and the jags will probably be bad.  So... I don't think its a stretch to say they will be in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't think their division is particularly strong.  Tennessee went on a run last year but the second you bottle up henry that offense isn't that good.  The colts are mediocre, and the jags will probably be bad.  So... I don't think its a stretch to say they will be in the playoffs.

No not a stretch. I just can’t see that team playing for him now. First sign of adversity I think they’re gonna quit on him. Only way to get him out of there.