If "BPA" at each position is there RD 2...which do you draft

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't think this team seems to put a premium on DEs.  Its scheme with that front 7 and rotation.  They trust the system and players they got.  I'd like to draft one still.  But they seem to value vets there.  

I'm trying to convince my Redskins fans taking Young is a big mistake.  You have an unknown at QB.  And a dreadful offense.  I think you take the QB or trade back and take Lamb.  QBs are more mobile today and elude pressure better than ever.  I'd rather have DTs that can blow up the middle and scheme edge pressure.  

I could see taking the QB but Young is ELITE. He’s ahead of where the Bosa boys were coming out and they entered the league as instant stars. He will make a massive impact day 1.

Free Agency isn't even 24 hours old yet, so things are bound to change.  At this point:

- The Quinton Spain extension means starting O-Line is pretty much set.  

- The Stefon Diggs trade knocks WR from top of the need list, down to the bottom.

In my opinion, the biggest need on the team is now Edge Rusher.  We have basically swapped Shaq Lawson for Mario Addison in the DE rotation.  But with Jerry Hughes aging and Trent Murphy always hurt, I would really like to see another good player in the mix.

Josh Norman was a nice depth addition, but we still need one more CB.

Depending on what happens with Jordan Phillips, we may need another DT for the interior rotation.

We need another RB to pair with Devon Singletary.  And I wouldn't mind another TE to pair with Dawson Knox.

And that folks, is pretty much it.  If Beane can make 4-5 more moves this week, we could walk into the draft without a single glaring need on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

Taking what could end up being a top 5 DE would be a mistake? And they just drafted Haskins. Unless they plan on pulling a Arizona, there is zero reason to draft QB.

That's just it - what "could end up" being a top 5 DE. 

There's a new staff. If they don't love the QB, why is it a stretch?

Edited by CLTbills

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Consider this my priority list...as of this point super early in FA....and I know there are variables re depth still at each position.  But here is essentially how I rank the priority and how I'd draft

My top 3:

1. WR (need cheap option when Brown contract up)

2. CB (if we sign Harris I put OT here)

3. Center (can get great ones in the 50s)

DE because now the pass rush rotation is OLD.

Your list is a bit strange to me.

WR- would be #4 and rarely get on the field.

CB-ok makes sense and I would love to reunite the Diggs brothers or take a fast CB like AJ Terrell.

C- I don't get this either. Morse has two years on his contract and Bills currently have both Long and Feliciano who can cover there. You want your pick to redshirt his first two years?

5 hours ago, cage said:

Would love to see us get lucky with a couple of these options dropping for our 2nd????

-- Terrell Lewis, Edge

-- Kyle Duggar, S

-- Trevon Diggs, CB  (would we go for that now?)

-- Ezra Cleveland, OT

-- Best RB available / Akers, Edwards-Helaire, Swift?

That has become really interesting  now

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Consider this my priority list...as of this point super early in FA....and I know there are variables re depth still at each position.  But here is essentially how I rank the priority and how I'd draft

My top 3:

I can see wanting that, but we have three guys who can play center signed at present, if your talking, a bench sitter to groom, that’s a possibility. OT I think might be a higher priority, lots to choose from, a RB might be in there as well. 

Edited by Don Otreply

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

That's just it - what "could end up" being a top 5 DE. 

There's a new staff. If they don't love the QB, why is it a stretch?

And what guarantees the QB would be anything great? There's a higher chance Chase ends up being great. If the Skins had a shot at Burrows I'd understand them going QB. Not so much for Tua tho.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Haskins played worse than Rosen ever has.... so there is that.... 

At #54 the Bills will be in position to grab one of the cluster of edge rushers. My guy Bradlee Anae out of Utah, @thebandit27's guy Jonathan Greenard out of Florida, Josh Uche out of Michigan.... all in play. 

The thing about an edge rusher that really worries me... they either figure out how to get to quarterback in the NFL right away... or they're basically going to be a bust.  The undersized guys that get it done with pure speed (and bend) around the edge in college... well, it's a whole different thing when a quality NFL tackle gets his hands into you.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

My top 3:

This is a weird priority list IMO.  

I mean...DE, OT, and RB are all pretty widely seen as the higher priorities now, maybe a WR to groom can squeak its way in for the 2nd round consideration too.  

BPA is always a nice place to be so lets see what else Free Agency brings. 

Right now I think we still have a need to get younger and better at DE/Edge rush and at RB.   If not further addressed in free agency I would look at those positions in rounds 2 and 3. 

I think OT, CB, S, are all possibilities too if the right player is there. 

On draft day it will be hard to miss out on that pick at 22 but Diggs will plug in immediately as a proven #1 and at a great contract. 

We are going RB or WR with our first pick.  I am almost certain 

DE

RB

OT

WR

backup QB

secondary

thats my priority list.  Bpa always.  I stated RB and WR because both will be ridiculous value with our second pick