If "BPA" at each position is there RD 2...which do you draft

Consider this my priority list...as of this point super early in FA....and I know there are variables re depth still at each position.  But here is essentially how I rank the priority and how I'd draft

My top 3:

1. WR (need cheap option when Brown contract up)

2. CB (if we sign Harris I put OT here)

3. Center (can get great ones in the 50s)

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

DE

I don't think this team seems to put a premium on DEs.  Its scheme with that front 7 and rotation.  They trust the system and players they got.  I'd like to draft one still.  But they seem to value vets there.  

I'm trying to convince my Redskins fans taking Young is a big mistake.  You have an unknown at QB.  And a dreadful offense.  I think you take the QB or trade back and take Lamb.  QBs are more mobile today and elude pressure better than ever.  I'd rather have DTs that can blow up the middle and scheme edge pressure.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't think this team seems to put a premium on DEs.  Its scheme with that front 7 and rotation.  They trust the system and players they got.  I'd like to draft one still.  But they seem to value vets there.

It’s pick 54 right? 

Is that a massive investment?

The Bills desperately need to get younger at the position...

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm trying to convince my Redskins fans taking Young is a big mistake.  You have an unknown at QB.  And a dreadful offense.  I think you take the QB or trade back and take Lamb.  QBs are more mobile today and elude pressure better than ever.  I'd rather have DTs that can blow up the middle and scheme edge pressure.  

Taking what could end up being a top 5 DE would be a mistake? And they just drafted Haskins. Unless they plan on pulling a Arizona, there is zero reason to draft QB.

21 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Taking what could end up being a top 5 DE would be a mistake? And they just drafted Haskins. Unless they plan on pulling a Arizona, there is zero reason to draft QB.

You better be sold on Haskins.  New coach didn't draft him.  And if its the owners call.....well....we know how this ends.  

How many playoff wins for Bosa and Engram with the Chargers?  How about the Bears who will probably be trading Mack by the deadline.  

I'm not saying you don't draft him.  The Redskins have too many holes to fill and if Haskins is the man then sure...you take Young.  No doubt.  

If Arizona or Detroit has this pick it's a no brainer bc the O will be legit.  The Redskins have holes everywhere.  Most likely at QB.  Could get a huge return if they trade back and still get Lamb and really load up on a young O.  

If it was us and we had Haskins there'd be a serious debate between Young and Tua or trading back.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Consider this my priority list...as of this point super early in FA....and I know there are variables re depth still at each position.  But here is essentially how I rank the priority and how I'd draft

My top 3:

RB Clyde Edwards Helaire.

54 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

DE

DE James Lynch

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My top 3:

WR Michael Pittman

CB Bryce Ball

C Tyler Biadasz

53 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Id take Chase Young in a heartbeat although i might take DT Derrick Brown over him.

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You better be sold on Haskins.  New coach didn't draft him.  And if its the owners call.....well....we know how this ends.  

How many playoff wins for Bosa and Engram with the Chargers?  How about the Bears who will probably be trading Mack by the deadline.  

I'm not saying you don't draft him.  The Redskins have too many holes to fill and if Haskins is the man then sure...you take Young.  No doubt.  

If Arizona or Detroit has this pick it's a no brainer bc the O will be legit.  The Redskins have holes everywhere.  Most likely at QB.  Could get a huge return if they trade back and still get Lamb and really load up on a young O.  

If it was us and we had Haskins there'd be a serious debate between Young and Tua or trading back.  

Threw up a little there.

• Like (+1) 1

The whole point of BPA is to not worry about position. You take the highest person on your board at that point. Could be a safety, could be a RB, could be anything. Just get the most talented player you can.

But I will say, we need more linebacker depth, better pass rush, more depth at RB, and potentially an upgrade to one of the oline positions. There's plenty to target in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Haskins played worse than Rosen ever has.... so there is that.... 

At #54 the Bills will be in position to grab one of the cluster of edge rushers. My guy Bradlee Anae out of Utah, @thebandit27's guy Jonathan Greenard out of Florida, Josh Uche out of Michigan.... all in play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

DE Jabari Zuniga has the traits of a top pass rusher, he may be a guy we go after in round 2

We don't need to spend a 2nd round pick to get it, but I think a second quality RB is our biggest need right now. Singletary is awesome, but he's not a "do-it-all" feature back. Plus if he ever got hurt our rushing attack would be in big trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

We don't need to spend a 2nd round pick to get it, but I think a second quality RB is our biggest need right now. Singletary is awesome, but he's not a "do-it-all" feature back. Plus if he ever got hurt our rushing attack would be in big trouble.

Clyde is the man here.

Would love to see us get lucky with a couple of these options dropping for our 2nd????

-- Terrell Lewis, Edge

-- Kyle Duggar, S

-- Trevon Diggs, CB  (would we go for that now?)

-- Ezra Cleveland, OT

-- Best RB available / Akers, Edwards-Helaire, Swift?

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

My top 3:

The problem with this is that FA is not done and until we are up to the draft - it is hard to speculate on the BPA and need ratio.  Right now they need more RB, DE, and LB depth and could use a young WR.  All could be in play with the 2nd round pick.  

If they pick up Jordan Howard and/or another CB (Harris) or they grab another OT or LB as depth in the next few days - then the focus shifts to WR, DE, maybe a center.  Beane is once again filling holes in FA and that allows him to truly draft the BPA on the board - regardless of position.  

Then it will be who is falling and where to draft him.  Position is irrelevant- it will be the top tiered guy left and you can’t know that until the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, I think that Buffalo has enough at each position where they should truly go BPA in each round.     Many of the positions with less depth are ones where mid to late round pick can land a good player.    Tackle, and running back depth, along with an upgrade in backup quarterback are what I would like to see addressed the most.

• Like (+1) 1

I felt like at 22 Buffalo misses out on a blue chip prospect.  Trading it made sense.  Getting a wr to grow with Allen was a big need.  Diggs is that.  I still think the offense needs more weapons and day 2 has multiple.  Whether its Hamler, Claypool, Higgins or a top Rb those are all better picks at 54 not 22.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MJS said:

The whole point of BPA is to not worry about position. You take the highest person on your board at that point. Could be a safety, could be a RB, could be anything. Just get the most talented player you can.

But I will say, we need more linebacker depth, better pass rush, more depth at RB, and potentially an upgrade to one of the oline positions. There's plenty to target in the draft.

Totally agree.  The Bills need to improve their over all depth, and so my only criteria for Day Two picks are prospects who are likely to develop into good starters, and possibly more.  Position is irrelevant.