Beane 3:16

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We haven’t learned our lesson with early extensions??? Also, how often are GMs really “stole” from other teams?  Beane has done some nice things.  But if Allen doesn’t become a franchise qb, it does at really matter all the other moves he did.  Look at Ryan Pace on the Bears.  He was beloved 2 years ago, now they want him gone.  

if the Bills are playing well with a much harder schedule and Allen is performing like a franchise qb, he will get an extension.  But I don’t get the rush to do so now.  

I agree with most of this. I think he's shown enough that even if Allen falters we can find a competent guy with this lineup. This is a hard year, but with the defense we have now we'll always be competitive with middle of the road teams.

I get this year was an aberration for weak schedule but we got to the playoffs with a scrub team a few years ago these guys can do it again. It's the right combo and I haven't said on a message board my entire life. It feels bizarre even typing it. Having a team that doesn't suck just feels good.

I mean I watched the Texans game thinking "we could win this." It felt bizarre and exciting. These guys earned a lot of leeway.

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Based on this trade and what he gave up and medicore signings this offseason is not looking good.  I can only hope they cut Murphy and add a game changing LB/DE.  I like Diggs but not worth 4 picks,  Beane got fleeced and we get another smurf receiver.  How does he address getting big WR with limited picks.

There was only one good pick, the rest were crap picks. Dare I say it, but I believe Diggs may be better than Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, we’ll see but Diggs is a proven commodity and has eclipsed 100 catches in a season before and he’ll see a lot of targets 

Beane is on the right track.  

A bunch of fans on here wanted to wait and draft a 2nd or 3rd round WR.  My concern was that Josh didn't have 3 years to wait for a guy to potentially develop and adjust to the pro game.  

Beane seemed to realize the same, hence the trade for Diggs.  I'm encouraged.  The rumored interest in Jordan Howard makes even more sense now.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

CAN WE LOCK BEANE UP WITH A NEW 5 YEAR CONTRACT ASAP PLEASE!?!?!

He is the man.  Period.

Agree'd ! If the Pegs don't lock him up there will be many other teams that will try to poach him from the Bills i could see a Daniel Snider coming in & offering a ridiculous amount of money like the Raiders did Gruden to steal him from us !!