Beane 3:16

There is no question Beane and McD will be here to stay, and Diggs, regardless of some of the complaints made a fantastic decisions this past week.  Norman will be a good addition knowing he is not #1 and adds to an already stud secondary, now getting by far the best WR we had a shot at as Cooper was never leaving Dallas, and Diggs catches more competitive throws than even the stud from NO.  

We never needed those late round picks as we even as fans are not used to this type of talented team, and taking a chance on a first rd wr at the 20’s vs. someone who has a resume in the NFL who is young and healthy was a good decision.  I don’t expect everyone to agree, but people will be happy this fall.  We can only hope he accepts his current contract as he wanted out and is getting just north of $14 mil for the next four years.  We still have $ to extend some needed contracts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beane always shows up late to the dance but some how always leaves with the hottest girl there! 

Front office competence at its finest!!

28 minutes ago, Locomark said:

How can the Pegula’s not re-up him long term (and also not fire Botteril) when watching what this guy can do every year with a roster. 

Because there's no telling when his deal with the devil runs out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is this the same @Virgil?

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is this the same @Virgil?

Based on this trade and what he gave up and medicore signings this offseason is not looking good.  I can only hope they cut Murphy and add a game changing LB/DE.  I like Diggs but not worth 4 picks,  Beane got fleeced and we get another smurf receiver.  How does he address getting big WR with limited picks.

• Haha (+1) 1

I have to give it to him: right now, there is no one position where I think the Bills desperately need to sign someone. (Maybe RT)

There are plenty of places to upgrade, but right now I feel comfortable with the Bills signing reasonably priced free agents and then supplementing that with people you hope are going to be studs in the draft.

Beane is a stone cold killer.  Bills fans are so fortunate to finally have legitimate, top notch management.  My friends used to try and console me for being a Bills fan...they are now giving me the "you guys are going to be good" vibes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I know everyone says it going into the draft, but we are nearly in a position to truly draft BPA already and free agency hasn't even technically started yet. Well played Beane.

I was just thinking the same thing. Oh yes, they’d like to upgrade a few positions and infuse the roster with additional youth but they do appear to be in a great position and STILL have plenty of money. The glaring hole is at RB. They really have nobody after Singletary. Something has to happen there (Draft or Free Agent)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Based on this trade and what he gave up and medicore signings this offseason is not looking good.  I can only hope they cut Murphy and add a game changing LB/DE.  I like Diggs but not worth 4 picks,  Beane got fleeced and we get another smurf receiver.  How does he address getting big WR with limited picks.

I think as far as big bodied receivers go, you look to none other than Dawson Knox, Kroft, Sweeney and maybe Croom. Gotta start targeting those TEs more. And it’s not like 6’0 is small, Diggs posted a 100 rec season 2 years ago, he can do it all.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Oh yes, they’d like to upgrade a few positions and infuse the roster with additional youth but they do appear to be in a great position and STILL have plenty of money. The glaring hole is at RB. They really have nobody after Singletary. Something has to happen there (Draft or Free Agent)

For sure, ideally I'd love to get Breida and then take a mid round RB like AJ Dillon/ Zack Moss/Lamichel Perine. 

But if we don't sign an RB in free agency, RB at pick #54 could be in play. 

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Keep repeating this enough and even you might start to believe it... 

Oh, we still have seven picks by the way... 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

CAN WE LOCK BEANE UP WITH A NEW 5 YEAR CONTRACT ASAP PLEASE!?!?!

He is the man.  Period.

We haven’t learned our lesson with early extensions??? Also, how often are GMs really “stole” from other teams?  Beane has done some nice things.  But if Allen doesn’t become a franchise qb, it does at really matter all the other moves he did.  Look at Ryan Pace on the Bears.  He was beloved 2 years ago, now they want him gone.  

if the Bills are playing well with a much harder schedule and Allen is performing like a franchise qb, he will get an extension.  But I don’t get the rush to do so now.