R Cobb to Hou 3yrs $27M

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Because of the Hopkins trade?

That one, the Tunsil trade, Duke Johnson trade, clowney trade, he’s destroyed that team. 
They had the best core of young players in the league and he gave it all away on top of all their draft picks and has nothing to show for it but an injured watt, Whitney Mercury’s, a soon the be declining dead Watson, and David Johnson. I can’t believe he has a job. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

That one, the Tunsil trade, Duke Johnson trade, clowney trade, he’s destroyed that team. 
They had the best core of young players in the league and he gave it all away on top of all their draft picks and has nothing to show for it but an injured watt, Whitney Mercury’s, a soon the be declining dead Watson, and David Johnson. I can’t believe he has a job. 

Well they’re not getting rid of him anytime soon, they just have him an extension. Although I agree with you and that they’ll decline this year cause of all the draft picks they have away

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well they’re not getting rid of him anytime soon, they just have him an extension. Although I agree with you and that they’ll decline this year cause of all the draft picks they have away

That team is a mess. They’ll quit playing for him this year. Hopkins was the straw that broke the camels back 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rc2catch said:

That team is a mess. They’ll quit playing for him this year. Hopkins was the straw that broke the camels back 

Wonder why he traded Hopkins? I don’t disagree the team doesn’t like him but unfortunately it’s not the players call it’s the owners. I can see them holding onto O Brien the same way the chargers held onto Turner for so long

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wonder why he traded Hopkins? I don’t disagree the team doesn’t like him but unfortunately it’s not the players call it’s the owners. I can see them holding onto O Brien the same way the chargers held onto Turner for so long

They say Hopkins and him had beef and argued a lot on the sidelines. But the compensation is the biggest joke in all of football. This goes down as one of the worst trades in history. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

They say Hopkins and him had beef and argued a lot on the sidelines. But the compensation is the biggest joke in all of football. This goes down as one of the worst trades in history. 

Your probably right and if that’s the case then I’m assuming Hopkins is happy as a pig in ***** that he got traded. Don’t know who Watson is going to throw to

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Because of the Hopkins trade?

That alone is a fireable, but no. 

he has traded so many players. The team is in cap hell and old. 

He just traded arguably the best wr in football and still has 0 1st rd picks the next two years and one second. 

he traded Hopkins for a RB who the cardinals were trying to give away. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lot of hate for a guy that beat us in the playoffs last year and is in the playoffs basically every year.  Maybe, just maybe, let this play out for more than a few hours before we proclaim him being the worst front office guy in the history of the NFL and this being the worst trade in the history of American, scratch that, Worldwide sports.

Maybe Hopkins made it clear he was going to hold out if he didn't get a huge extension or traded.  If DJ gets fed the ball in the running and passing game to the tune of 2,000 rushing and receiving yards again, this deal may not be so much of a cut and dry highway robbery by Arizona.

Edited by Mark80

17 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Lot of hate for a guy that beat us in the playoffs last year and is in the playoffs basically every year.  Maybe, just maybe, let this play out for more than a few hours before we proclaim him being the worst front office guy in the history of the NFL and this being the worst trade in the history of American, scratch that, Worldwide sports.

Maybe Hopkins made it clear he was going to hold out if he didn't get a huge extension or traded.  If DJ gets fed the ball in the running and passing game to the tune of 2,000 rushing and receiving yards again, this deal may not be so much of a cut and dry highway robbery by Arizona.

I think BOB can coach. I don't think he is the best coach in the league but he can coach. He is a dreadful GM. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

The problem isn't how good Houston was in 2019.  They were definitely among the best teams in the AFC last year. 

The problem is how good these moves are setting them up for 2020 and beyond.

In all my years watching the NFL, I haven't seen anyone consistently get LESS VALUE in trades that Bill O'Brien.

Trading away Jadeveon Clowney was fine.  Doing it for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin and a 3rd Round Pick was downright highway robbery for Seattle.

Trading for Laremy Tunsil was a good move for his young QB.  Spending two 1st Rounders and a 2nd Rounder was a ridiculous over-payment.

And I refuse to believe that Arizona's deal was the best he could get for DeAndre Hopkins.  Absolutely no way.  And I'm not sure why he wanted David Johnson so badly, when he already traded away a 3rd Rounder for Duke Johnson.

When everything is added together, the Texans roster is no better than before O'Brien started making moves.  One could certainly argue it's worse.  Yet the team is in deeper trouble with the salary cap, and has wiped out a good chunk of its draft capital for the next two seasons.