Bills Sign Mario Addison on a 3 year deal

On 3/16/2020 at 11:21 PM, Seoulofstone said:

This is a very good signing. Consistent sack numbers year on year. Buhbye Trent.

Edit-and as has been pointed out yes this doesn't preclude the need to draft or trade for younger DEs for this rotation. Definitely still a need 

I suspect Murphy is safe. He was Arguably the best defensive player on the field in the Houston playoff game, and played lights out in the finale vs the Jets too. And he is definitely a culture guy.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I wouldn’t put Murphy and talent in the same sentence , I would cut Murphy and use more the rookie we drafted last year in the 7th round ( sorry I can’t remember his name ) 

As I say above, people criticizing Murphy are overlooking how he actually played late in the season. He was flat out good.

• Like (+1) 6

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Putin said:

I wouldn’t put Murphy and talent in the same sentence , I would cut Murphy and use more the rookie we drafted last year in the 7th round ( sorry I can’t remember his name ) 

You cut Murphy and replace with a guy you don't know his name??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Steve Wyche called this the most understated addition in FA. 

We got the better player and are paying him the same as Shaq got. I understand the age but Panther fans also saying he has actually gained a step ,and we have an out after year 1. 

Also Panther fans loved him.

Seems like we plucked Panthers and Seahawks most consistent DL , according to the fans. Big time upgrades over Shaq/Phillips.

Beane is a helluva GM

19 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Steve Wyche called this the most understated addition in FA. 

We got the better player and are paying him the same as Shaq got. I understand the age but Panther fans also saying he has actually gained a step ,and we have an out after year 1. 

Also Panther fans loved him.

Seems like we plucked Panthers and Seahawks most consistent DL , according to the fans. Big time upgrades over Shaq/Phillips.

Beane is a helluva GM

I wouldn't say that they represent "Big time" upgrades over what Phillips and Shaq did last year but I think they do represent a decent improvement. Phillips from 2019 vs. Jefferson 2020 is a push. But Shaq 2019 vs Addison 2020? That's a modest upgrade. I do have concerns about how long Addison can play but if they get 2 good years out of him I see no issue. He is a vet but started his career a bit later. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't say that they represent "Big time" upgrades over what Phillips and Shaq did last year but I think they do represent a decent improvement. Phillips from 2019 vs. Jefferson 2020 is a push. But Shaq 2019 vs Addison 2020? That's a modest upgrade. I do have concerns about how long Addison can play but if they get 2 good years out of him I see no issue. He is a vet but started his career a bit later. 

Good take. 

I look at it like Butler slight upgrade over Phillips

Jefferson slight upgrade over Shaq. Adds great versatility . Played DE alot in Sea. And Addison is the best out of them all . Overall a pretty good upgrade

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good take. 

Jefferson slight upgrade over Shaq. Adds great versatility . Played DE alot in Sea. And Addison is the best out of them all . Overall a pretty good upgrade

I am not a big Butler fan esp over Phillips who was good in 2019. I look at Butler as a value added depth wise. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Good take. 

Im not ready to call Butler a upgrade over Phillips.....but he really does not need to be.

It is my hope that Horrible Harry returns to form after his  injury

On 3/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Magox said:

Possibly but I don't think so.  I think Jefferson will be utilized in a much more hybrid role.  He is not a true edge rusher and I do not foresee him playing as an edge rusher on pass rushing packages but more so in the interior.

I would agree on both points. They like Jefferson to move around. i feel as well I.

hope to see Addison and Hughes, etc swapping sides of attack please.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not ready to call Butler a upgrade over Phillips.....but he really does not need to be.

It is my hope that Horrible Harry returns to form after his  injury

methink McD and Frazier prefer the flexibility with D Line rotational players. Be good at as many things as possible, as compared to dominating one technique .Being able to play run and pass.

If we were down to 3 pennies to divide? I would say the third penny goes to Butler as he has more down to down play flexibility